New receiver?

cmwilson79

I just received my new Klipsch Synergy F-2 floor speakers and C-2 center channel. I am using two Quintet III's for my rear surrounds for now. I am wanting some suggestions or recommendations as to what receiver to use with my setup. I'm looking at the Denon AVR-1911, Pioneer VSX-10120-K, or the Onkyo TX-SR608. I'm not dead set on any of these but would like to stay in the price range of these 3. Thanks for any help.

Not true.

I run a previous model of the denon 1910 - so i know how it sounds. My friend just got a new 3D capable Yamaha and I've checked out the Pioneer with Onkyo.

Pioneer is best overall, Denon is nice, but not cheap. Yamaha is middle of the road - does things well, but doesn't shine in any task. Onkyo has serious reliability problems.

You can always throw Marantz into the mix as well. Out of those three you listed, my preference would be 1) Denon, 2) Onkyo, 3) Pioneer, but all three are good. I have never had any reliability problems with the Onkyo's I picked for my family members. Onkyo seems to have a good selection of features for price (generally).

Guest davidness

I have a Yamaga RX-Z7 (Retail $2799). Newegg ran a sale this past weekend selling the RX-Z7 for $1050-ish. Thats an outragous deal. The more mainstreen RX-1900 was marked down from $1299 to $599. Free shipping.

Their sales tend to run on the weekends, and will likely reappear.

I used to run RF-62s with my denon, then moved to RF-7s and i just can't be happier with the sound.

I do think that Pioneer sounds slightly warmer and seems to bring out more lows from my speakers (use an older Pioneer THX 110Watt receiver), but technology in Denon (Audesey 2MultiEQ, etc) is really hard to beat for the price.

Yeah I would get the Denon (1st) the Onkyo (2nd) and if you can't get either one of those then the Yamaha (3rd) I've never really been impressed with Yamaha either and I'm partial to Audessey (Onkyo, Denon) because it has always done an outstanding job setting up my rooms (with the exception of the subs. I always have to turn the balance up on the sub) I have an Onkyo 507 and my parents have a Onkyo 606. We're both driving Klipsch and the sound isn't overly bright. Also as far as reliability I haven't had any problems with Onkyo and my parents haven't either. Mine has been going strong for awhile now. Gets used daily and has logged over 3300 hours so far (according to the built in counter) so I have definitely gotten my value out of it in my opinion. I'm about to upgrade to the Onkyo 808 but only because I want more power to drive my Klipsch plus THX certified doesn't sound half bad either. My 507 will go in another room. I think all 3 brands are going to have a few lemons. I guess my circle has been lucky because even the people I know with Denons and Yamaha's haven't had any problems. And of course the ones with Onkyo haven't either. Just my humble opinion.