What's For Supper

BLSamuel

(aka heart attack on a plate?)

Chorizo tacos .... with chips and salsa con queso

Posted Image

Washed down with Cherry Diet Rite Cola

But we did pass on the sugar cream pie for desert.

It was Howard Elementary (the school where SWMBO works) night at the local Dairy Queens so Home Team SWMBO set out for some Pumpkin Pie Blizzards. Drat. The Pumpkin Pie Blizzards don't arrive until October so we had to settle for Strawberry Cheesquake.

I think I need to head to the laboratoy tomorrow for a blood cleansing session [+o(]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonights "Special" is going to be a blend of Chicken Creole with a few personal throw ins making it a "Hobo" spicey casserole I like from time to time. It's a P.I.A. to make up and I usually make one hellova mess in the kitchen that takes longer to clean up than it does to scarf it down.

I'll have to cleanse my taste buds out with a couple of iced down 'neckers and settle in with a few laid back tunes for the evening.

This place is worse than going to the store on an empty stomach.

Shepherd's Pie

What:

• The 18 month old steak leftovers (which was actually really good...) finely chopped.
  • 4 potatoes, cooked and mashed with garlic & sour cream
  • Corn "niblets", about a can, drained
  • Diced tomatoes with some garlic & basil
  • Nice fresh sweet onion
  • Cheddar cheese
  • "Bisquick"

How:

• Make the mashed potatoes
  • Spread the potatoes on a EVO lubed 9x9 baking dish
  • Lightly sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese over the taters
  • Evenly spread the corn niblets over that layer
  • Lightly saute as in "sweat" (less than caramelized) the onions and just when they are ready... add the 'maters. Saute for about 5 minutes.
  • Put the onions and 'maters on as the next layer.
  • Lightly sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese over the maters & onions
  • Next layer is the steak, Nice sprinkle but more than before... grated cheddar cheese over the steak layer
  • Mix about a cup of the "bisquick" to the consitency of thick pancake mix.
  • Sprinkle some salt & pepper on the meat
  • Pour the bisquick batter evenly over the the top.
  • Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, uncovered, until the top is golden brown.

Yum. Easy. tastes great... Kids will eat it....

You can substitute roast port leftovers, but use peas instead of the corn. You can also substitute green beans with the steak/ ground beef version. Takes about half an hour to make.

[H]

I was out last week and had a dinner-sized plate of poutine (French fries and cheese curds covered in brown gravy, pronounced "pootzin"). For about half an hour after, I felt like I'd eaten a cupful of silicone seal, but the feeling went away and there were no short-term after-effects, thankfully.

More poutine info here (scroll down to see Poutine in politics): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

• Moderators

with that Saint's loss today, i know you've lost your appetite. perhaps you should fedex me those chops--they look amazing! I had fast food take out again. i'll bet that's the last time sean payton tries to kick a field goal on first down.

The Falcons played much better than we did, and with 3 turnovers you can"t expect to win, unfortunately not much affects my appetite.

Field goal on first down does seem a little silly, try to run at least.