gone for a while- seroius issues

winchester21

I am sad to report that my dad is dying. 10 yr kidney transplant patient- massive kidney failure. I have been dealing with this on a daily basis for the last 1-1/2 months. He will die within the next 2-8 weeks according to the doctors. Have not felt like posting - mixing it up with my frineds on the left- listening to my music- or tweaking my stuff. My mom is not taking this well- dealing with the nursing home- dealing with him or otherwise. I did not want my friends here to think I had just checked out without an explanation. I will be back after this thing plays out. Hopefully sooner than later as there are pain issues in play. Best to all

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry buddy....been asking about you at our virtual bar. Glad you posted. I knew something was wrong for you to be away so long. Believe me I know well how you are feeling. Julia is in intensive care as I write and I am completely and totally devastated.

I hope for the best possible outcome for you and your father....whatever that may be. Thoughts and prayers from here.

Chuck

Don't always take the doctors words to heart, when my granny was on her way out they gave her weak heart a few months max, she lasted years until she fell & broke her hip and was killed by a blood clot.

Now if i could only get pops to stop smoking and eating ice cream twice a day.

Best wishes for you and your family.

Chuck- I thought about Julia through this mess. Hoped that she was better. given her age -I hope that a transplant or some other miracle is in the cards for you. I have never had to deal with anything like this. The kind words have uplifted me more than you all will know. The people on this forum are all solid gold. I will return after this is over.

Sorry to hear your news. Sounds sadly familiar. As soon as you can find the time, you and your family would benefit by readng this book - "Final Gifts." It was written by two hospice nurses and provides great insight into the dying process. It was recommended to me nine years ago when I lost my father to lung cancer. I re-read it last year when I lost my mother. It's the most valuable book I've ever read. Take care.

Posted Image