Which Klipsch Speakers Do I Want ?

RPMMotorsports

I've been spoiled for years by my LaScala's in my main living room/home theater. I'm so used to the awesome bass I get out of these things, nothing else sounds good anywhere else. I'm trying to setup a small stereo system in my master bedroom. It won't be anything fancy or high dollar, just trying to get a decent sound out of a basic receiver, CD player and some not-too-huge speakers. Given that I love the bass out of the LaScala's, what speakers would you recommend for a basic bedroom system? I realize I'm never going to get LaScala type bass out of smaller speakers but what's the best compromise? I've been looking at vintage Forte's, Chorus's, Heresy's, etc. I almost bought a pair of Heresy's but had a friend with a pair inform me they weren't the greatest for bass. Recommendations ?

If you have the room the Forte would be more than enough I think for a bedroom system...but don't overlook the KG series, some serious slam with some of those as well.

I am planning a set of Heresy's for our bedroom soon, loud bass will not be needed.

Welcome RPM,

We're glad your here! Don't let anyone tell you how a speaker sounds. Only you can determine if it is for you or not.

If the speakers are old and the capacitors are dried up, it will lack in the bass department. (and elsewhere)

If you don't have room for La Scalas in the bedroom.....get a bigger bedroom!!! [;)]

Dennie

LOL ! Stick out tongue I just got a bigger bedroom(new house). That's why I'm looking for new bedroom speakers. I tried using the old JBL's but they just aren't cutting it. Chorus II's or Forte II's is kind of what I'm leaning towards now. The biggest problem with them is the shipping costs or lack of shipping on eBay.

Hey RPM, Congratulations on the new house. [<:o)]

Check your local craigslist daily. I checked mine earlier and there are a pair of Khorns for $2800!

Hey, does the new bedroom have two good corners? [^o)] LOL I don't have two good corners, so La Scalas fit the bill for me.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Heritage line or extended heritage. [Y]

As I mentioned, the biggest reason for lack of bass are old capacitors or speaker placement. You can fix either of those situations.

Btw, weekends can be a little slow around here. I'm sure plenty of people will have recommendations, just be patient.

Dennie

Chorus IIs are tall and slender and provide more bass than the La Scalas. You can't go wrong with them. Heresey's don't have a lot of bass, but are still nice sounding speakers if you want to put them on a shelf or dresser. I can't comment on the others because I only buy and listen to the Heritage line.

I actually do have 2 corners available and that's where the speakers go.............. [:D] However, Khorns just aren't going to fit there. Well, actually they might but it would be seriously goofy looking. I have been watching Craigslist like a hawk. Not much around these parts, just smaller KG's, a couple pair of Heresy's and an older pair of Belle's with the original style grills for $1600.

Those Belles could be a real find. but maybe too big for a bedroom. Please buy them, none the less.

Heresys except maybe for the III are gong to be lacking the bass you want.

Another issue, IMHO,is height.

I love Quartets but they are a bit close to the floor -- I put mine on risers.

The Forte could be a real winner for price and performance. They are just about tall enough. The real gem is the Forte II. If a Chorus or Chorus II comes by, they're excellent too.

As a fallback, any Klipsch floorstander will meet your needs.

Wm McD

Don't let anyone tell you how a speaker sounds. Only you can determine if it is for you or not.

Sounds about right.

If it were my $$$ Heresy III's would be on the top of my list for a smaller room but that's just my opinion.

If LaScala's fit in the room the room, the room is not too small. [^o)]

Welcome RPM,

We're glad your here! Don't let anyone tell you how a speaker sounds. Only you can determine if it is for you or not.

If the speakers are old and the capacitors are dried up, it will lack in the bass department. (and elsewhere)

If you don't have room for La Scalas in the bedroom.....get a bigger bedroom!!! Wink

Dennie

like the way you think!

Heresy's..... Yes - I'm biased, in the application you describe. Yes- the others are also very good. If... you go for Heresy's, disregard what the "friend" said, or at least take it in context. Heresy's with new caps, and sealed backs will produce more than enough bass for the bedroom application.... See: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/109693.aspx.

[H]

Oh my god, just missed these by 30 minutes today. The dummy posted them in the Musical Instruments section instead of the electronics section that I watch like a hawk. Called and he just sold them............ $300 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprise

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/msg/1973922883.html

Did you get a BIGGER Bedroom? LOL

See, they (Klipsch) show up from time to time. You just have to be the first one to call and that can get difficult! [:@]

Keep lookin', I think you're going to find something soon. [:P]

Dennie