Photo link help needed KLH 60 TTable

HarryO

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=181180

There's some pics on vinyl asylum I can't load. I belong to the site but haven't been able to log on in over a year. I've sent requests for help but they've fallen on deaf ears.

What I need is a clear shot of the anti-skate system on the KLH 60x table.

Anyone care to help out with the needed pics?

Thank you,

Harry

Simple minded is my specialty. Below's a fair pic of the SME A/S. The thread has a loop that slides over the post extending back from the pivot assembly, so that the weight pulls the back of the arm inward and the headshell end outward, the way it's supposed to:

DSC09737.jpg

The question with your arm is where the thread starts from -- is there something a loop could slide over, or could it have been permanently attached somewhere on the arm and been torn off?

A/S systems have various designs, but do the same thing. Some geometry is built in to exert a stronger outward force at the beginning of the record, and decrease as it moves inward. Here's the Basis Vector's design; in this case, the thread attaches to the underside of the rear extension of the arm, and would probably require a factory reattachment:

tnm_vcr_detail1_L.jpg

-- Larry

"The question with your arm is where the thread starts from -- is there something a loop could slide over, or could it have been permanently attached somewhere on the arm and been torn off?

A/S systems have various designs, but do the same thing. Some geometry is built in to exert a stronger outward force at the beginning of the record, and decrease as it moves inward. Here's the Basis Vector's design; in this case, the thread attaches to the underside of the rear extension of the arm, and would probably require a factory reattachment:"

I've had a lot of different tables with different anti skate systems and all I can figure out is I'm missing an loop or guide that attaches to the grommet on the base next to the arm.

It's a very good sounding table I'd like to keep as original as possible.

IF IF IF anyone comes across a pic to let me know how it feeds I'd be appreciative.

Harry

Thanks guys.

I'm still looking for a good picture of the A/S system on this. I'm looking for a service manual also.

I've "rigged" a rude system for it that works very good as a temporary fix. I cut off a "spinnerbait" arm, filed off the burr from the cut, used a Thorens weight and floss. It's working well as it is but not right. I do have excellent tracking on it and ran a pattern on the scope. The cartridge is sitting in the groove well from start to finish at this point.

I tried 3 decent carts on it so far and the best match is the Ortifon OM 30 set at 1.80gms and 3 degrees negative on the arm heighth.

The table itself is a very good sounding table reminescent of the early AR "X" models. It still has an issue with the electronic cueing via solenoid. I found a groove in the stem that an "E" clip most likely sits in and I'll pull the solenoid lever off today and dampen the cueing stem with a light grease and install the "E" clip. Hopefully that will get the cueing fixed. I like the auto lift and shut off at the end of the record so I'll try to get it working properly instead of using it as a full manual table. I also see the possibility of a light spring on the solenoid "pivot seat" that activates the stem.

I doubt this table is worth the effort I'm putting in it but I've got a place for the table IF I can get all the bugs worked out to my satisfaction.

If you run into good pics or a service manual please let me know.

Thanks again to my friends lending a hand.

Harry

post-24628-13819616992884_thumb.jpg

post-24628-13819620955342_thumb.jpg