An open apology for "funny" comments....

Groomlakearea51

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why ya gettin all sappy all of a sudden? Me, I have a NEED from time to time because of my temper, you are a real Wussums Pussums by comparison to what I may let fly.

Hmm, I don't think I'd call Marshall wimpy, woosy, or wombly. Restrained, gentlemanly yes...but I'll bet when he does let it fly (when he has to, mind you) it ain't no single engine prop...not that there's a competition happenin' here...

Fini,

The good thing here is that I have had the oportunity to talk off forum with Marshall at legth many times. I use his guidance as a sounding board when I get out of hand, so I am absolutely sure he didn't see my post as calling him a sissy, but as that any way he might accidentaly rub someone wrong by accident is namby pamby at best compared to some of my tirades, Marshal has many interests that I share, and I rely on him for advise at times as I am not always the easiest pill to swallow.

I think he also fully understands my reference to Calvin and hobs as that some jokes just bounce of the majority of the eaths inhabitants stratosphere and therefore are missed out on.

Roger

That being said, I'm just waiting for the rest of the "habitual offenders" in this arena (yah!! the "let's make it crazy gang") to chime in and tell me that I'm just too soft hearted and getting wimpy.... Devil

Cool

Like flies to the honey pot..... [Y] I see the rest of my cohorts in crime showed up for this gala event! I agree with sput.... where's the MAS when we need him!?

Got a "nice" email from one of the "detractors" last night (the one who truly obsessed....) Had somewhat the same idea that JB so eloquently espoused.... [6] Oh well, c'est La Vie! He'll get over it, and after I calmed him down and explained that "F U" was nothing more tha the first two letters of "funny", he promised to remain loyal to the cause, and buy a pair of Klipsch earphones for Christmas, provided he got a discount....

Some good has come from this though. I saw ole' Gnat's remark and started crying, uncontrollably. But I got it together and immediately ran to the vitamins over on the counter and, crap... I discovered that for the last 3 weeks I thought those pills were the new vitamin E's my wife bought for me. Well, that explains why I wake up in tears, certain things started growing, others losing hair, and I kept wanting to watch American Idol.... The bad news? SWMBO has taking the vitamin C's instead, and we now have to go buy the pink/blue strips..... [6]

From this point on though, the glove's are off!!! (those special gloves with the long string that goes through your sleeves so you don't lose them when you take them off on the short bus...) [:P]

[H]

Don't get on here much as I'd like to, but I follow some of the posts. I know the "groomster" and have a really nice pair of Klipsch speakers he completely rebuilt for me. He's a funny guy and I can see where sometimes newbies don't get some of the jokes that he makes or takes them the wrong way. I saw this last night and called him and he told me that he'd gotten a couple of emails over the last week from some newbies that thought he was making fun of them. Marshall told me that he had decided to make a post that explained to these newbies that he was not insulting them, just making them feel "at home" as he put it to me. I told him that the new dog always bites the hand until they see food in it so don't sweat it too much. The funniest persons in the "gang" that marshall's talking about are fini and thebes. Especially fini. Hilarious! Thebes is a character also! Everyone else really have some funny stuff that comes out, and it really makes for amusing reading. Keep up the good work all!!

JCF

• Moderators

I'm just too soft hearted and getting wimpy.... Devil

[:o] I missed that part, I can't imagine that happening. Whatever would cause that would have me out in front of you........ running in the other direction to get away.

Or is it they announced Sam Adams is shutting down, that would probably bring a tear to you eye. [:'(]

I remember what great fun I had as a newbie. My first thread was shut down after there were insults about drunkenness, threats of lawsuitsand all kinds of things. What a blast!

Wish I could resurrect the thread for everybody to get a good laugh. It really was great!

Here is the follow-up thread where we just couldn't let it die so abruptly. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/63676.aspx?PageIndex=1

Wow Jeff!! Just reading that thread, back in the old days, you guys did not fool around!!!! I'm a piker by comparison!!! LOL!!! As I recall, it was a "minefield" when I joined up. One had to tread really lightly when one discussed any of the following.....: speakers, tubes, solid state amps, speaker wires, interconnects, computers, equalizers, cars, girlfriends, wives, food, beer, and a few other things..... [6]

Note to Harry... I gave MAS your phone numbers, address, email, etc. Just making sure I "shared" [Y]

[H]

I've seen a lot of changes in the few short years I've been here.

I think most of the changes have been in the sharing of info on mods, character of different caps, refinishing, etc.

It's gone far and above the old speaker placement standards, polarity, etc. There's a lot of knowledge to be gained just reading and advancing our systems through all that's available here.

On the "MAS" subject...well I guess I did learn a lot about room treatments from him. I guess it was worth all.

Nice guy but not what I'd call a "people person". For those that didn't have the pleasure to meet or talk with MAS...well, great guy. My only advice to him would be to "GET OUT AND MINGLE WITH HUMANS"

There was always a good arguement to be had with him.

Sheesh. The auld days. I was sliced, diced, and trashed. Like walking into a bar after closing in the 20's and showing Eubie Blake, Fats Waller, and Armand Hugs how you could play. The are all buried, banned, or just bored now I suppose.

As to Marshall, quite the gentleman, but it you don't see it his way you can expect a hurricane in your future.

Dave

Sheesh. The auld days. I was sliced, diced, and trashed. Like walking into a bar after closing in the 20's and showing Eubie Blake, Fats Waller, and Armand Hugs how you could play. The are all buried, banned, or just bored now I suppose.

As to Marshall, quite the gentleman, but it you don't see it his way you can expect a hurricane in your future.

Dave

Methinks most got distracted and off to other "stuff". Some were banned, but in 2006 when I arrived to my slicing, dicing and trashing, only a few of the fireballs were still around. Came in on the tail end of the Parrot & mobilehomeless saga's, but watched the MAS Cat-5 Hurricane unfold. I still call him every once in awhile, but he's pretty busy. When I arrived, I made the mistake of posting my stereo stuff in my "profile". I was slammed several times and actually a couple of folks (no longer active or around) PM'd or emailed me and flat out called me a liar and said no way I could have that many Klipsch speakers and be so ignorant.... It died off after a Forum "VIP" came down and visited and actually saw (and counted...) that things slacked off on me. Took about 3-4 months though.

It's funny though, it comes and goes. I've noted that it generally seems to be a newbie, and is usually someone who absolutely believes that their way is the only way and anybody else's way is "stiuipid".... The other thing that has helped is the "other" area where knives, guns and rocks are the weapons of choice and everyone can have a free-for all.

As far as the hurricanes, Dave; I'm just doing the best I can [:#] LOL!!!... But!!! Now that I have clandestinely and covertly assumed complete control of the top sekret HAARP project, I have been controlling the storms with ULF waves as best I can. It's still not an exact science, and no matter where I send them, another always seems to pop up and head towards someobody's neck of the woods. Geesh, if only the feds would allow me to set up an array in my back pasture, I could really get things in order.... [6][st][:P]

[H]

Can we ever see it!!! What would it take? Serious Bribes? Special Permissions? Pleading and Whining By Large Numbers of Members? [6]

I have consulted with my sponsors am prepared to offer an all expenses paid vacation to sunny South Florida (minus taxes and gratuities of course...) for access to that archive!!! [:P]

Hypno Toad Sez!!! Let Them See The Archive, Yes, Let Them See It, It Will Make Them Happy"

hypnotoadlgicon-300x300.png

[Y]

[H]