Broke my heritage cherry :-)

jephdood

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet looking speakers! If they were mine, I would leave them alone. I have speakers that have marks worse than that! One of my CW2s has a plant pot mark much worse than that LOL!Big Smile

What?!? You put pot plants on your speakers?!?

Those look great. I think you might make the dings more noticable by trying to fix them.

I second that. These types of scratches can't be fixed and if you try you'll make them look worse. The only way to get rid of them is to sand them out (yours are too deep, don't try that) or re-veneer. I also agree with everyone else. Just leave them alone and enjoy them. They look good.

Sweet looking speakers! If they were mine, I would leave them alone. I have speakers that have marks worse than that! One of my CW2s has a plant pot mark much worse than that LOL!Big Smile

What?!? You put pot plants on your speakers?!?

Doesn't everyone??????, OH you mean POT plants not potTED plants, nope never did the stuff.

No, one was that way when I bought them, '84 (I think WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REFERENCE MATERIAL THAT USED TO BE ON LINE FOR DISCONTINUED SPEAKERS???) OO CW2, $400 delivered about 5 years ago (wow the time does fly!) So I did OK for the time frame[;)]

I'd leave them alone. Buy some doilies. Or, place the latest edition of Cigar Afficionado on the top. Its a big *** magazine. Or, some orchids. The great thing about orchids is that they don't require water! Take em to the sink once a month and hose em good. Let them sit for an hour in the sink and then put it on the speak on a proper soft bottom dish. With two ounces of prevention and care, NO chance of water stains on your speaks. Chicks dig em, if you're into that sort of person.

They look pretty damn good as is, and if you messed them up then I'm afraid that your whole world might come crashing down. Locusts, pestilence and all that. And that would really suck.

Yeah, I'm not really a doily kinda guy.. nor am I a huge cigar afficionado.. but I can probably come up with something decent to perch on top of these bad boys. Just wanted to make sure there was no easy fix for them first.

If I were to "go groomslake", what would I be doing? Does he go balls-out restoring?

• Moderators

If I were to "go groomslake", what would I be doing? Does he go balls-out restoring?

Pretty much and he is really smart about it and we all respect him. If he gives you some advice, I'd accept it. The dude knows what he is doing.

I agree 100%, and when he says " it looks good " that to me means it's perfect, he is a tough judge.[H]

• Moderators

I now wear a shop apron when working on speakers; holds my tools.... and since lacquer dries very fast, any mistakes could be a hairy experience... Devil

Cool

I read this and laughed, then I had a picture pop into my head of what that would look like and laughed even more.

I now wear a shop apron when working on speakers; holds my tools.... and since lacquer dries very fast, any mistakes could be a hairy experience... Devil

Cool

I read this and laughed, then I had a picture pop into my head of what that would look like and laughed even more.

Yeah, especially the part about holding all his tools. A pocket for the tape measure, a pocket for the pencil...

et cetera...

• Moderators

Yeah, especially the part about holding all his tools. A pocket for the tape measure, a pocket for the pencil...

et cetera...

[:D]

And the other picture was him standing really close to a shiny speaker with new lacquer, hair STUCK to it and reaching for some scissors just out of reach and thinking how much trouble he would be in if he had to call for SWMBO !