Chicago Gathering - Friday October 8th, 2010 - 6pm

DrWho

Just thought I'd extend an invitation to all the local (and nonlocal)
Klipsch-ites for an evening of music, beer, burgers, and whatnot at my
place in Streamwood, IL.

Here's a map to my house:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=242+W+Kennedy+Dr,+Streamwood,+IL+60107&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.310476,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=242+W+Kennedy+Dr,+Streamwood,+Cook,+Illinois+60107&z=16

Show up around 6pm and we'll have the grill fired up with burgers and brats.

My
main system resides in the basement and consists of modified Chorus
II's with Crown XTI amplification driven by my laptop and a Tascam USB
Audio interface. Upstairs we'll have an empty room with vaulted ceiling
for anyone that wants to bring any amps or speakers.

Please RSVP
by Thursday October 7th so I know how much food to buy...and let me know
if you plan to bring any gear and we'll make sure everything gets
accomodated.

-Doc

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike,

Still got the XTI that I sold you? Curious to hear it with your Chorus ll's so I'd like to attend.

Did you ever get a chance to hear a pair of KLF-30's? I'm about 50 minutes north of you. Anytime, just let me know.

(at least I think it was you that was looking for a KLF-30 audition [*-)])

-Scott

If I don't have a show I'd like to come up. I already have my iPass and need to get those HK's out of your way. Thanks for storing them for me Wink

Michael

Sweet, that'd be awesome dude. Hurd will be staying here for a few days, but I'm sure we can find you a bed too if you wanna crash up here for a bit. Those HK's have worked well as anchors for keeping my shelf from moving, haha.

Hey Mike,

Still got the XTI that I sold you? Curious to hear it with your Chorus ll's so I'd like to attend.

Did you ever get a chance to hear a pair of KLF-30's? I'm about 50 minutes north of you. Anytime, just let me know.

(at least I think it was you that was looking for a KLF-30 audition Confused)

-Scott

Yep, still got the XTi....I've also got one from sfogg and then JC gave me one, so I've got 3 now.

Will you be bringing the KLF-30's? [;)] I've not heard them yet and I'm often in WI so maybe we'll have to figure something out. But ya, they've been on my list to hear for some time now.

I look forward to seeing ya down here.

I am going to try and make it, although I will not be able to get there till after 7PM, I would think, that would not be too late. BYOB? It will be nice to see a few of you that I have read and replied to on this forum. Fall is here dress warm, might have to start a bonfire.

Hey Jason, we'd love to see you and your friend here...there's plenty of room. I'd love to hear your Tuba too if you wanna bring it over...just throw it in a backpack or something [;)]

My Chorus II's now consist of the stock KP-48 woofer and its passive radiator coupled with a 1" throat QSC horn with a 1" BMS compresion driver to give me a 2-way system that is flat from 40Hz'ish to 24kHz'ish. The CD horn compension and some additional EQ'ing / voicing are achieved in the Crown XTi-1000 amplifiers. I'm crossing over at 1kHz and the KP-48 is a bit weak in the 600Hz to 1kHz range, which is the reason for the desire to move to the Acoustic Elegance TD15M or TD15X (not sure yet)....the cool thing is we should have a pair of the TD15M's available for demo, so maybe I'll whip a new box up for those so we can do side-by-side comparisons.

I am going to try and make it, although I will not be able to get there till after 7PM, I would think, that would not be too late. BYOB? It will be nice to see a few of you that I have read and replied to on this forum. Fall is here dress warm, might have to start a bonfire.

I can imagine that we'll be staying up pretty late, which tends to happen anytime Hurd is in town...music just takes such a blasted time to listen to. [Y]

So ya, it wouldn't be a problem if you show up way later...just let me know if we should keep some food hot for ya.

I plan to have a few cases of Leinenkugel's variety packs and maybe some Sam Adams Boston Lager and Fat Tire, but feel free to BYOB if there's something else you'd prefer. We should have some Johnny Walker Black Label and Grey Goose if anyone wants anything stronger. If the Picky crew were coming I'd pick up a bottle of Tequilla for Verna [;)]

If my audio goodies were a bit smaller it would be a good option but its too much work to bring the assortment of refrigerator size cabinets with me, i will have to have my own party sometime soon i guess.

Maybe my order of party goodies will be in this week so we can all have a better time at the event.

Probably will not be early, i am having a tooth pulled in the afternoon but when thats done i will head out.