Chicago Gathering - Friday October 8th, 2010 - 6pm

DrWho

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All: Verna and I are really bumming because we can't be with you all tomorrow evening! Not only were we looking forward to that tequila that Doc said he'd pick up for Verna, but we're missing out on seeing all of you who plan to attend. I know you will have a blast and Doc is a very gracious host. You were speculating about staying up late; our experience with gatherings such as this is: "Sleep? What's that??" LOL Have fun everyone, and please know that you all will be in our thoughts this weekend. - Glenn & Verna

Michael Hurd: If you happen to get the urge to drive back home in our direction, please know that you are more than welcome to stay here if you wish. We'd love to see you.

And if I was going to come, you know darn well that Dream Theater would get played, along with plenty of Aryeon and even throw some Nightwish in for good measure. Cool

Oh come on man....who's gonna be our metal head purist to keep the song selection on track? It's just a short plane trip...I'll even have a ride waiting for you at O'Hare Wink

I can confirm I will be there.... And I can fill the Metal Head role.... [:D]

I will probably be arriving a few min. late; Rush hour on a Friday......

Can not wait to meet you all! [:)]

Thanks for the invite. I have an appointment either Friday night or Saturday morning, and will know for sure by Wednesday. Never been to a Klipsch gathering of any kind, and would love to be there.

-Lyle

Hey Lyle, just make sure you bring some of your favorite music that you're familiar with...I think my favorite part of these gatherings is all the new music you can get exposed to. It's also fun to listen to other gear and having your own music really helps make that more meaningful. I hope we get to meet you.

Thanks again for the invitation, but I can't make it. Work.

Definately like the idea of hearing different gear/mixing and matching.

Raise a burger to the sky and crank something thick and heavy for me.

Sorry fellas I won't be joining you this time around. Time is short, I slept wrong on my neck the other night (making driving a chore) and have a fresh client for PA tomorrow and need to be at my best. I know how late y'all stay up at these things, particularly when Doc and Hurd get together. I'd be kicking myself to have to leave just as the party gets good.

Have fun, I'll be there next time hopefully.

Michael

Bummer Colter....maybe next time.

There's still plenty of room if any late stragglers wanna swing by for a bit...

I better get back to fixing my computer....my main laptop I use for playing music just crapped out, so I've gotta go to plan B [:o]

Bummer Colter....maybe next time.

There's still plenty of room if any late stragglers wanna swing by for a bit...

I better get back to fixing my computer....my main laptop I use for playing music just crapped out, so I've gotta go to plan B Surprise

We will be over around 7:00, Gary had to work until 5:00 and is headed right over to pick me up rather than taking 2 cars.

If you need help with your computer i will be happy to have a look, see you soon.

• Moderators

Wish it was not such a long drive, it would be fun to see some of you again and meet some new faces.

Have fun and don't forget to report what happens. [H]

I have never been that far North, I might get altitude sickness. [:o]

How about a late night update on the activities?

Top notch burgers and tunes. Crown K1 driving pro cornwalls in one room with an Emotiva subwoofer, Bentz's modified Chorii 2 downstairs on Crown XTI's with BMS 4550's and QSC HPR horns. Acoustic Elegance TD15M's in another box mated to a QSC HPR horn with BMS 4550, XTI driven.

Laptops for sources and USB outboard soundcards. All in all, a groovy time!

Good time tonight, lots of tunes and friendly faces.

Pro Cornwall's & Chorus II's W-mods and lots of other goodies listened to tonight, lots of alcohol & stuff to keep my mind off the new gaping hole in my gums where my biggest molar once stood proudly.

Maybe a used set of Heresy's to play with if all goes well too (like i really need more stuff right).

Hope to see everybody again soon. [Y]