New, big, television

kuisis

Personally, i like LCD over Plasma. Both pictures IMO are good but i prefer the technology behind and LCD screen. If you are looking for the biggest screen for your money and getting a decent product, youd be better off getting a plasma. One of the reasons why i like LCD is just that, you dont have to worry about laying it day, plasmas are fragile and are comprised of different layers of glass that can crack if you lay it on its back. Not really a deal breaker just be careful when you move it but this lack of versatility bothers me.

I only said China as a joke...but that is where 70+ LED exist and they are big $$$.. The Panny 65.. I think they call it S2 or something is probably the cheapest going in 65".. yes no 3D... The Panny VT25 is 3D but cost more. LG new PX950 is a 60 inch plasma with 3D. MSRP is 2600.. so you figure it might street for a litte less. Most if not all 65 LCD's will be over you budget...Like I said before give Mitsu DLP's a look.. they go as big as 82..

Personally, i like LCD over Plasma. Both pictures IMO are good but i prefer the technology behind and LCD screen. If you are looking for the biggest screen for your money and getting a decent product, youd be better off getting a plasma. One of the reasons why i like LCD is just that, you dont have to worry about laying it day, plasmas are fragile and are comprised of different layers of glass that can crack if you lay it on its back. Not really a deal breaker just be careful when you move it but this lack of versatility bothers me.

Actually the opposite, plasma is the much more durable longer lasting display. A quality plasma display has the potential to be one of the longest life TV's of any made to date including tube TV's which many have lasted very long. LCD tecnology has a shorter life because of the back lighting which it uses.

The glass picture screen is a significant quality improvement over plastic, glass is much more durable. The glass used in a screen is not that fragile, it's actually pretty strong. The reason for keeping a plasma display upright is for transportation, this is the same as with any large sheet of glass. Glass transported upright is much safer from breaking, if layed flat bumps and vibrations from transporting can cause the weight of the glass to flex and bend the glass and risk of breakage is much greater than glass transported upright. So of course a plasma like any other large sheet of glass is best transported upright.

Plastic on the other hand is much more easily damaged, easily scratched and tends to discolor or fog with age and abrasion. While a plastic screen may not crack as easily the same impact that would crack glass will likely damage the internal parts of the LCD display. Touching and contact with the plastic screen can cause damage to or inside the LCD's screen. Plastic is simply much more easily scratched or or prone to abrasion damage over time. Would you want plastic windows in your home or in your car? not me I prefer the much more durability of glass.

As for picture quality there is no comparison plasma has the much better more realistic picture. While the picture from an LCD display looks much more artifical especially skin tones and color shading. LCD has a picture better suited with animation or graphics not real life cinema.