The Best Case

Gxcad

Personally I like the InWin Q500-600 Full tower. Goes for less than $100, 300watt PS easy to modify, and lots of room. 5/5¼" ext, 1/3½" ext, 6/3½" int. The 500 and 600 are the same case, just different front bezel. Also be careful when you buy cuz some have only a 250watt PS.c>

------------------

SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME.c>

Yes, Addtronics are nice. I think more on the cheaper budget though.

Steve, did you ever finish painting up that one? Or, did you do like me and change your mind when you where 95% done and start over?

c>

------------------

hehehehe; Hofy you know me too well (even though we barely know each other!)...

I finished the case, I painted it with PPG Base/Clear (three colors- blue, white, black). I installed the fans- 120mm on video card, 80mm blow-hole; upgraded the other fans (Sunon 80mm's) and cleaned-up the wiring in my case with Panduit organizers/zip ties- even harnessed my ATA cables.

I'll post some pic's next week- I'm in Chicago this week for a class, don't have pics with me.

------------------

BMW- The Ultimate Driving Machine.

Klipsch- The Ultimate Listening Machine.

I had my case all finished in a nice fax black granite when I had a brain fart for an even better paint scheme. Have it in primer right now. Also working on another case for my AMD Duron system. Should have theme 90% done in the next 2-3 weeks.c>

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve, what exactly are the difference between the 6890 and 6896? All I can gather is that the 6896 uses a 120mm fan instead of 2 80mm fans, and that the 6890 has one more external 5'1/4 bay. Also, anyone know how to add db? as in

"one fan makes 33db and another makes 34db, how loud are they combined?" kinda thing? thanx.

-Gxcad

c>f>

• 1 month later...

It's not in production yet, but I believe this may be the best case for the DIY case mod freak

dsc00065.jpg

What you see here is a 100% aluminum case that has been anodized different colors. It's freaking huge (14" wide) and I want one badly.

Here's another view, before anodizing

dsc00027.jpg

The guys who's doing this is Stiltner and you can see his website at http://casedesign.jjplating.com

Price is expected to be ~$260 with a 300w sparkle PS + shipping of course. Availability is expected to be Jan 2001.

c>

------------------

Who knows what evil lurks in the darkness of The Kave ?

www.thekave.net Home of The Klipschmonster!

• 2 weeks later...