logitech remote life span?

InVeNtOr

i have a question, does anyone know if logitech remotes start to go bad? basically meaning if you have macro commands, that eventually the remote has trouble giving out all the commands? it seems here latley my remote won't switch everything over like it should. i sometimes have to try 3-4 times before everything is right. now of course i keep the remote pointed toward all the equipement (it's about 14' in front of me). the battery has plenty of charge, or at least that's what the display says. i can say this, the buttons don't make the same sound, the clicking buttons are starting to sound off a little.

for those who have the 880 (year + owners) have you noticed any issues like this? it's just about the only other remote i want because i can have at least 6 macro commands without switching pages.

I've had my 880 3+ years and still works like it's new. Have you tried re-downloading your data from the internet? I recently deleted and added a device and had to re-load everything on to my remote. They've changed the software since I originally programmed mine. Maybe the new software will help?

i have re-downloaded the driver and software. did that a few weeks ago, i hoped it would improve the situation, but it didn't. the buttons are even sticking so i think regardless, the remote is near it's final days. maybe in a few months i will just replace it. i guess i'll start looking for a 880.

I have two of the 880's and the first one I purchased is starting to do that. Logitech sent me the second one becuase the baseplate of the first one was acting up and the backorder on the baseplates was so long they just sent me a new one. I was able to get the original baseplate to work (wouldn't charge the remote) so now I have the two of them.

I've had my 880 for almost 2 years, I think, and the only problem I'm having is with the volume button. To raise the volume I have it push down in just the right spot on the "+" or else it will go down. Now if I press anywhere on the "-" the volume does go down. So its just with adjusting the volume up. I haven't connected it to update it in a while but I have since this problem started and it didn't fix it. Its fine and I live with it plus I'm the only one to get it to work so no worry about the tv being to loud without me in the room.

James