Help! I have this huge old system by Music Master

LLS

My father inherited this huge set now I have it. It had wonderful sound but has been in storage for about forty years. Does anyone know who I can contact to find out what it may be worth? It's a Music Master .25 (from my father's notes) with Allied Knight 3 way 15" speakers. Huge amphlifiers by Electronic Instrument Model no. HF-20. I hate to pitch it. Any ideas? Appreciate your thoughts, thank you!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate to pitch it.

Do so and I'd petition to have you banned for life... [6]

That is a very fine amplifier. I think it was EICO's take on a Williamson amplifier using 12AU7/ECC82 tubes. However, I am no expert in these matters. Not sure of the demand or "cache," but if it's in nice shape with the cage someone would give you a decent price for it. Are those AK speakers coaxial?

Love to see some pix. I've got a feeling I'd like this thing...not that I need anything like that. On second thought, no pics, please. [:P]

Dave

Okay, guys...no baiting here. I am a 60 year old retired school secretary and have absolutely no knowledge of this system. I DO remember my father and I removing it (he was a banker and the executor of an elderly man's will.) My uncle built a magnificent wall in our family room to accomodate this system and it was played relentlessly until about 1966 or so and then my parents moved and it went into storage. So when you ask me a technical question, I have no idea what you're asking. I'm sincerely glad I fell upon this website simply because my father and I both loved music. I understand this is an ANCIENT piece of an audio system, however, I can't help but believe there is someone out there who knows what it is and would appreciate it. Plus, my mom is in a home with ahlzeimers andf we can use whatever this would bring. So, with that said, I will attempt to take some pics for ya'll in the next few days so you can check it out. It's extremely heavy!

Are you having trouble posting pics? Since I just posted a suggestions for posting them, here's a couple of posts from http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/140104.aspx?PageIndex=1 -- hope they help!

icon-quote.gif
quadklipsh:
how do i post pictures ???

There used to be a pinned thread on this, but I can't find it.

One way I post pics is to simply copy the (jpeg) pic to the clipboard and paste it into your reply box. You can have more than one in a post that way.

The more standard way is to do the following:

• Click "Options" in the tabs above the quote box'
  • Click "Add/Update"
  • Click "Browse" in the Update box
  • Find the pic file on your computer, and click "Open" -- the filename appears in the browse window
  • SCROLL OVER ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT in the Update box, and click "Save"
  • Click the COMPOSE tab at the top -- DO NOT click your back arrow or you'll have to start over

Eventually click "Post" and the pic should show up in your new (or newly edited) post. You can post only one pic per post with this method.

icon-quote.gif
quadklipsh:
just as i press compose button , the message box still remains empty , no picture comes . the picture that i have chosen wouldnt show up , than i press post and all in vain it goes
Tongue TiedSad

The pic won't show until you post, but I do believe you have to enter some text before you post.

But does it still not post even when you go through all the steps? Does it "take," i.e., does the file name of the pic show up in the box before you post? (I believe it also disappears from the "browse" box at the same time.) If so, the file may be too big. You can't always load a really big 1.5-mb pic as some seem to do. It should be reduced to about 75-200 kb first (I use Photoshop Elements).

Okay, guys...no baiting here. I am a 60 year old retired school secretary and have absolutely no knowledge of this system. I DO remember my father and I removing it (he was a banker and the executor of an elderly man's will.) My uncle built a magnificent wall in our family room to accomodate this system and it was played relentlessly until about 1966 or so and then my parents moved and it went into storage. So when you ask me a technical question, I have no idea what you're asking. I'm sincerely glad I fell upon this website simply because my father and I both loved music. I understand this is an ANCIENT piece of an audio system, however, I can't help but believe there is someone out there who knows what it is and would appreciate it. Plus, my mom is in a home with ahlzeimers andf we can use whatever this would bring. So, with that said, I will attempt to take some pics for ya'll in the next few days so you can check it out. It's extremely heavy!

OK, very cool. Now we get the picture, and, yes, this is the right place. Everybody here wants a bargain, but few if any are going to take advantage of anyone.

What you don't understand, perhaps, is that, while old, your amp is better than 99% of the audio amplifiers in use...and that includes many very pricey HT recievers. It isn't just an "antique," but a state of the art music machine. The speakers, not so much, but still interesting to a segment of the audiophool community.

Actually, I think many of us would like to see the cabinetry as well.

Welcome aboard...listen to us very long and you will not only not be trying to sell it, but up to your armpits in debt after a search for a turntable, and a couple of Klipschorns.

Dave

HI DoubleL, and welcome.

Ignore the banter, it's what we do. Let's keep it simple, the pictures are what's needed, and we'll come up with an honest price for you to sell them, either here, locally, ebay whatever. Posting pictures here is confusing so feel free to email them to me, and I'll put them up for you. Just hit the "contact" button on the right hand side of this post and you will see options including "send an email' or something like that.

If I were you I would sell them. After all that time they will need work , which means money, which means time, which means none of it will help your mother with her medical bills. There is probably no windfall here, but more than likely a modest amount of money which I'm sure will come in handy.

Marty aka Thebes

PS. Potentialy the most valuable iece, the EICO HF-20 is a mono amplifier, which means it's not stereo. Unless there are two of them with a correponding pre-amplifier/tuner, it's probably worth $200 or less. I'm pretty sure it was sold as a kit, which is soemthing you would put together at home.

I think it looks like that. My father had put "caning" over it for some reason. And I haven't tried to take pics yet but I will sometime today. If I have trouble posting them, my son-in-law can help me. I appreciate your input, guys.