Help! I have this huge old system by Music Master

LLS

Here are the pictures I have taken. If you can disperse them amongst everyone it would be appreciated. :) Thanks for all your help! It looks like only one uploaded for some reason, what a hassle. I emailed about 13 to Marty so Marty, maybe you'll have better luck posting them? Thanks!

post-46462-13819617333884_thumb.jpg

post-46462-1381962120911_thumb.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Double L, I haven't received them yet but I will put them up as soon as they show up.

In the meantime that is a mono, intgrated amplifier. In other words only one channel of sound, not stereo, but with the preamplifier built in. It's very much like the modern recievers you are probably familiar with, but without a tuner for radio broadcasts.

Sorry Double L, I haven't received them yet but I will put them up as soon as they show up.

In the meantime that is a mono, intgrated amplifier. In other words only one channel of sound, not stereo, but with the preamplifier built in. It's very much like the modern recievers you are probably familiar with, but without a tuner for radio broadcasts.

Don't be too sure, Marty. He mentioned there were two of them if I've followed this correctly. Reasonably certain he said "...two large loudspeakers." Could be a very early stereo using dual amps.

Dave

Gents, take a look at this. TWO 78 curves, plus RIAA and two I have no idea what are. That's cool, but note the variable loudness contour. If you've never had a truly well thought out variable loudness compensation in your system you ain't really lived yet. Yeah, yeah, mucking with the signal. Fact is unless you listen at precisely the right level for your ears you are applying equalization anyway, as Fletcher-Munson ain't just a good idea, it's the law. Granted, Klipsch are the champs at maintaining a wide dynamic range at a wide response range, but when this was built some of the acoustic suspension speakers had to be played LOUD to get full response and even Klipschorns get thin at low volumes. A control like this allowed you to vary the output to the volume, and do so the best possible way...by ear.

Love this...a pair of these would make for some awesome stereo.

Dave

post-9494-13819617368346_thumb.jpg

post-9494-1381962123887_thumb.jpg

well, I have no idea what any of that means.......so should I just put it out to the road?

No! No! NO!

What he means to say is Yes! Yes! YES!

Now.....when you do this, you need to first let me know where this curb is located... [A]

well, I have no idea what any of that means.......so should I just put it out to the road?

No! No! NO!

What he means to say is Yes! Yes! YES!

Now.....when you do this, you need to first let me know where this curb is located... Angel

I suspect Marty has a friend in Flint. SCOUNDREL!

Dave

Gents, take a look at this. TWO 78 curves, plus RIAA and two I have no idea what are.

Could it be that Col = Columbia Records (non-RIAA) EQ curve and Lon = London Records (English non-RIAA) EQ curve? That's a pretty cool pre-amp.

haha, okay, I'll settle for weird! So my estate sale is tomorrow and I'm not putting it the system out. NOT selling it. I'll wait for you guys to give me an idea of what it may be worth. And sincerely, I appreciate all your thoughts about this. I also understand it really isn't worth anything much except to someone like you guys, so I'm glad I contacted you! I still think it's terribly heavy to ship; the amplifiers have to be close to 40 lbs.

yes, two speakers and two amphlifiers

Alrighty, gents, somebody out there should make this man an offer. Hard to imagine much more of audiophool pleasure than a couple of matched Williamson designed amps with this level of input flexibility and variable slope loudness.

This is very fine stuff. If I had a vacancy and some extra ducats I'd be all over it.

Dave

Yezzir, and wouldn't one expect a premium for TWO, matched minimally by at least simultaneous production, from a one owner source? If I were in the market for a VT amp at the moment, I'd do 500.00 for them in a heartbeat as long as there was nothing obviously completely fried. Certainly a slight risk, but assuming one didn't have to put more than another 5 into restoration you'd be at a grand for a pair of amps with features almost never found in any amp.

Dave