Klipschorn vs Cornscalas

lotriwer

How would you describe the difference? I own a pair of Cornscalas, but never heard Khorn's...

The Khorn, when properly sealed in the corners, will produce a bass that fills the room....giving you the impression that the bass is all around you. The Cornscalas is more of a conventional sound that comes at you and smacks you in the chest.

I recently abandoned my Khorns and am happily living with JC's DBB.....getting chest slamming bass.

How would you describe the difference? I own a pair of Cornscalas, but never heard Khorn's...

The Khorn, when properly sealed in the corners, will produce a bass that fills the room....giving you the impression that the bass is all around you. The Cornscalas is more of a conventional sound that comes at you and smacks you in the chest.

I recently abandoned my Khorns and am happily living with JC's DBB.....getting chest slamming bass.

Yea baby. Works for me![Y][Y]

... as opposed to the bass being so powerful that it simply sucks the air out of your chest! Yes

Cool

I must admit that the dbb's take my breath away at volume. They really pressure the room.

Rudy and I often fail to mention that we use some pretty serious room treatments with the dbb's. They minimize the inherent reflex LF boom, bloom and flop.

tc

Here's my take on my Klipshorn's and Super Cornwall:

They are more alike than different, both Klipsch sound, but with slightly different sounds.

Bass: Surprisingly bass wasn't as different as I thought they would be, the super cornwalls
give the same huge accurate bass but a little more hard hitting in your face since it's
more cetner focused. The Klipshorn's bass is coming from the sides to center. I like
they way the center focused bass gives a more crisper, cleaner, detailed, and slightly
tighter bass than the encased sound of the Klipshorn's bass. I have great corners for
my Klipschorn's that produces a large and deep bass, setting up the super cornwalls in the
corner gives the same large deep bass but stronger center focused. I prefer the super
cornwall bass. Both do bass very well.

The midrange on the super cornwall is a wider sounding horn, more even through-out, comparing the two makes the
Klipschorn's midrange sound a little pinched down but still sounds smooth. I like both.

The tweeter on the Klipschorn is a little more pronounced. I can hear the difference. The Klipshorn tweeter
makes itself more known, little more sparkingly and brassy at times. I like it.

The tweeter on the super cornwall is the APT-200 and it's very pleasant sounding, just gets out of the way
and does things seemless, doesn't bring attention to itself the same way, sounds more natural. I still
haven't been able to decide which tweeter I like better between the two! I really like them both. I wish I could bring the APT-200 up some more like the Klipschorn tweeter!

Both my Klipschorn and Super Cornwall's give the same big sound, just slightly different, they are the same animal.
I've thought about selling my Klipshorn's since I listen to the Super Cornwall mostly, and if I had to
decide between the two, I would definetly keep the Super Cornwalls. I have the room for the Klipschorn's
so I guess that's why I still hold on to them, and I enjoy the sound of them just as Klipsch made them!
It will all boil down to your own personal taste!! Hope this helps. Sky

The RF-7 is still a favorite of mine. It doesn't have the room filling sound like the Klipschorn's but it does a great job simulating it as long as you stay in the sweet spot. It has the ability to have a very pin-point robust vocals and imaging. It is also very revealing and detailed but in a more direct path way, very reference quality. I don't think I'll be able to part with the RF-7. When I read some say the RF-7 are harsh, I just shake my head in disbelief, they are not harsh sounding. If they get harsh it's something else in the equipment chain they are using causing it. I have stock RF-7 and it has alot of presence much like the Klipschorn and I've heard a tame down RF-7 and didn't like it. I think Klipsch did an excellent job with the RF-7 for large sound in a smaller package, excellent for music and HT. I also really like the clarity that the KLF-20 have. So far, any Klipsch speaker I've ever had, I've felt they did a great job on speaker sound/design.

The RF-7 is still a favorite of mine. It doesn't have the room filling sound like the Klipschorn's but it does a great job simulating it as long as you stay in the sweet spot. It has the ability to have a very pin-point robust vocals and imaging. It is also very revealing and detailed but in a more direct path way, very reference quality. I don't think I'll be able to part with the RF-7. When I read some say the RF-7 are harsh, I just shake my head in disbelief, they are not harsh sounding. If they get harsh it's something else in the equipment chain they are using causing it. I have stock RF-7 and it has alot of presence much like the Klipschorn and I've heard a tame down RF-7 and didn't like it. I think Klipsch did an excellent job with the RF-7 for large sound in a smaller package, excellent for music and HT. I also really like the clarity that the KLF-20 have. So far, any Klipsch speaker I've ever had, I've felt they did a great job on speaker sound/design.

I couldn't agree more! My 7's will always be part of the family and have a place next to the Cornwall's and the Cornscala's without taking a back seat.

Both are basically the same 15" woofer. They just do bass differently by design. Klipschorn encased woofer ports from the sides out into the room, while the CornScala ports direct, both woofer and ports, still a very large bass sound but much stronger centered by design. My Klipschorn's are very good in it's corners, I have no issues with it, it's the best they've sounded in this house than the other house, they are also the tighest fit you can get, it won't get any better than what I'm getting, that's not an issue, they are just doing bass differently.