Need "expert" comments on my current system setup

Mighty_Doctor

Hi, all

I am new to this froum and no shame to reveal that I am new to "audio" world as well.....

I recenlty purchsed a pair of Klipsch RVX-54 and plan to use them as main front speakers. I also got a pair of old model ( Klipsch KG 3.5) from a local sale with a steal price.... [:P] BTW, I use Yamaha RX-V765 as reveiver, yamaha NS-Ap6500C as central speaker ( realize it's the weak point though) and a 8'' Yamaha sub (75 watt)

My question are listed as following:

1. May I use Klipsch KG 3.5 as rear/ surround speakers to set up 5.1 system? Do I need to buy suggested RSX-4 Surrounds ? I am trying to save money here and also dig out the full potentials of old KG 3.5. But will that comprise the full efficency of whole syatem?

2. How do you score my current set-up in general? I know the central channe is a weak point and will replace it with RVX-42 Center "significantly" improve the quality of sound ? ( I know it will but does it worth the money? ) [:'(]

Look forward to your "expert" opinion and thanks in advance!!~~~~ [|-)]

With the speakers you have I'd almost be inclined to use the KG 3.5s as front main speakers and the RVX-54s as surrounds. The taller height of the RVXs makes them better suited for surrounds. The KG 3.5s have significantly more bass output than the RVXs.

You certainly can use the KGs as surrounds as you've stated. I'd give it a try both ways and see what you like best.

Also, having a center speaker isn't a necessity, especially one that isn't even close to the output ability of your main speakers. You'd be much better off removing your current center speaker from your setup and looking for one that's better suited for whatever you decide to use as your front speakers.

If you end up using your KGs as front speakers you can look for a pre-owned KV-2 or KV-3 center that will match up to them.

thank wuzzzer for the quick reply. I appreciate it very much.... I just spent MUCH more on RVX-54 compared to on KG 3.5 , which made me hesitate to use RVX-54 as surrounds ( you tend to use more expensive ones as main front as a general rule, right? ) But I will try both way as you've suggested to see which setting is better... I will probably remove my current cneter speaker and find a proper one to suit in. Good suggestions, thanks again!

I understand your point but don't let cost dicate where you use your speakers. I paid a lot less for my Forte II fronts than I did my Forte I surrounds.

Use whichever speaker sounds more dynamic, more natural, more detailed, etc.