ZU Mods denon 103/103R- Parts now available

winchester21

I got a heads up the other day that parts for the ZU mods for the Denon 103/103R are now available after a long peroid of no stock. I think that they are also shipping complete cartridges.

If you want one they are going to do a production run next week. These parts will be gone quickly. I have been waiting 8 months. Mine will be in the next run.

• 1 month later...

Did anybody else send a 103 in for these mods???? I have paid for the mods like back in Oct- They told me that they had parts one week turnaround- Many fairy tales in response to my requests for status updates. The girl on the phone got really short and asked me if I wanted my money back. I backed down because I have been waiting on this mod since last March. I still have Harrys old TD 125 which I have held waiiting on this cartridge.

It appears that they never did actually have the parts and are still waiting on the cart bodies from Denon. The girl on the phone said that there other unhappy people other than me.

Anybody else on the hook as well??????

But you didn't have to wait for cartidges, right? Do they have the aluminum bodies? Another option for you to consider is the UWE body. It's wooden, and reusable! The Denon doesn't glue in, it's a pressure fit. You can do it yourself, if you have the nerve to nudify your 103.

http://www.thomas-schick.com/Denon103.htm

i bought a donor cart- 103 R back in March- guy at ZU said 1 week turnaround- SO I went out and bought the 103 R based on his quote. So I get the cart and call for shipping inst and another guy tells me no parts- have not had mod parts for months- understandably I am pissed- but opt to wait on the goods- fall of 2010. - So I cal in Octl -m they say they have parts 1 week turnaround- One BS story after another- they have my new 103R - rthey have my money and now they say 2 weeks. This is the 3rd version of the original story. I feel that ZU is a cuting edge technology company that has too much on their plate- but I am running out of patence- Just checking to see who else is in this deal - bet it is someone from here. Hope I did not get them in this mess with my post. sorry my fault.

I think the main man's name is Kevin- girl is sheilding him from customers.Ii have heard this mod is out of this world from several people- so I am putting up with this BS... for now.. I dont do much myself- no mechinical skills whatsoever- always end up with extra parts