New Bass bins

justinsweber

Pics to come... some serious progress made. Horn enclosure is way bigger than expected.. but will work. I stuffed the horns in and drilled mounting holes. I have some sanding to do to open the K400 openings... 1/8" too small. The Cabs are drilled for the Kappa 15C and the motor board is drilled to fasten to the cabinet. The cabs were built at 24" internal width before all my bracing, 10" shelf, 50" opening for the port. I added 3/4" to bring the internal dimensions down to 22.5" cubed. The port had a significant problem. the opening was 24" wide, and then stepping down to 22.5"... an ugly 3/4" step on either side. to solve this I cut a piece ~ 2"x10" with a significant taper 30deg. or so. Now the cab goes from 22.5" wide to 24" wide with a slight taper.... really looks nice. Pics soon!The next step is a bunch of wood putty and some sanding by hand. I cant afford to have it finished yet, so its sanding to make pretty :-)

• 2 weeks later...

once you know the correct internal volume for your driver simply add bracing and stiffining till you use up the extra volume, bonus is a super solid cabinet with the volume you want. 2x4 braces on the rear panel sides and top will only help sound quality. making the box bigger is a harder trick to do. Regards Moray James.

I do plan to use the Kappa C... Its an Eminence 15" 40hm driver... massive magnet.I get them from Orange County Speaker… 15 miles away. I had traded some work I did for my 1st one… so the $115 for the 2nd seems a good deal. The Kappa C seems a close match to the K33 though more like the K43.

• 1 month later...

JWD! (Job Well Done!)

Shoudl I brake them in with a few hours of Pink/Brown or White noise?

I'd say just hook em up and enjoy them. My understanding is Klipsch takes about 20 minutes to break something in for testing purposes. I'd not worry about that & just jam away.

• 4 years later...

Are there some plans / sketches availeble for a good bass bin? Englisch is not the language i normally speak, so it gets a bit more easy if i can SEE it. Want to use 15c's (sorry if this is the wrong thread.)

The fact that we use the metric system overhere does not help either[emoji53]

Sent with tapatalk from a lazy chair......

Edited by Zoef