RF82's with RC7

gfalk1

Hi, I am new to the forum and need some help, I have RF-82's for my fronts and I just purchased a set of RS-52's for the rears in a 5.1 setup I am using a pioneers 1020, and I can get a good deal on a RC-7 for my center, I am currently using a polk CSi5, would the RC-7 be a good fit or should I hold off and save for a RC62 or 64, also one more question, if I changed to a 7.1 setup would a pair of RS-7's work good for rears with the RS-52's as my sides, my room is 20' by 13', I have a 61" lifi panasonic about 16' from the seating area and the seating is against the back wall, any suggestions would be great, also may consider replacing the Rf82's with RF-7' if I could find a good deal, thanks in advance for all help.

Hey welcome to the forum. You should be fine. I was in a similar situation. I just got a pair of RB-61 II speakers and was ironically also using a Polk center. I found a RC-35 for a great price and couldn't pass it up. Well when I got everything matched up it worked out really well. I would be hard pressed to say there would be a huge difference in the sound by matching the speakers from the same generation. At least not for nearly double the price. The RC -7 is a lot more sensitive than the Polk so you will have to readjust your speaker levels but it should match fairly well with the 82s. If for some reason you don't like the sound then you can always put the 7 on ebay and probably get back what you put into it if not more. The RC 7 is still a pretty sought after speaker. The Rs-7s should work fine for the rears. I don't see any problems with that setup. Especially if you get them at a great price as well. Hope that helps

Hi, thanks for the help, I don't know if this matters but the RS-52's I just purchased are the series ll, and I can get the RC7 for $325 no tax, I think that's a good deal not real sure and I can get the RC62 ll new for $470 plus tax, so I am trying to keep the cost down and get a good fit, if I get the RC7 I will try to find a good deal on the RF7's and sell the 82's or move them to the rear instead of getting the RS7's.

That doesn't seem like a bad price. A seller has a RF -7 set on ebay. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-RF-7s-RC-7-7-RS-7s-/150507738053?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item230af5d3c5

And here is a RC-7 at 175 with 3 days left so I would keep an eye on this one as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-RC-7-Center-Speaker-/150506945338?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item230ae9bb3a

See if you can get the price down a little. Especially if the one on ebay sells for less. I've never listened to floorstanders as rears but that should be a good match as well if you have room. A lot of people have used floorstanders as surrounds with great success. I haven't seen any RF-7s for a good price. lol. The few I've seen are at least $1000 for the pair so the 1650 auction for the full set doesn't seem bad at all. But I would wait for the RC 7auction to end if possible to see what that center sells for. If it sells for way less than 325 then use it to negotiate a little cheaper price. If it sells for more then jump on it bc as I said earlier if you don't like the way it sounds then you can sell it and get back what you put into it. And I def feel the rs 52s will match fairly well with whatever mains you decide to use.

Yes. thanks for your help, I watched the one on ebay, ended at $280 plus shipping, and with me being in Canada it would of been at least a hundred more with shipping and customs, so I got the one here locally for $325 no tax, so it worked out really well, just have to find some RF-7's here or across the border in Michigan, close enough to drive, the hunt begins, I can get a pair of used RF-83's for $1200 local, not sure if that's a good deal or not, but I think I want to hold out for the RF-7's, again thanks.

• 8 years later...

Gfalk1, I'm know this thread is almost a decade old but I was wondering, do you still love your rc7? I was offered one to be paired with my rf82ii and was hoping for your impressions :) thathank you

Edited by Roney

8 hours ago, Roney said:

Gfalk1, I'm know this thread is almost a decade old but I was wondering, do you still love your rc7? I was offered one to be paired with my rf82ii and was hoping for your impressions :) thathank you

It's been over three and a half years since they visited the forum.  I don't think they'll see your post.  You can always send them a private message.