Inside the RB-61s (IV)

SeBBBe

Sorry if this has been posted before but I searched around a bit before I bought my speakers and couldn't find any, so here are my own pictures of the RB-61 internals. I figured if I'm interested in seeing it, more people might be =) So here are some pics from when I cracked open my brand new RB-61s. Hope you enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

dkt2D.jpg

IWE1A.jpg

DUnuw.jpg

Uk739.jpg

rWZGg.jpg

DFbZs.jpg

Overall I think they are some quite pretty internals. The drivers are solid and I especially like how the tweeter is bolted onto the baffle. The baffle is connected to the box via a big plastic/rubber sheet that eliminates vibrations. The internal wiring is marked Klipsch Custom High Frequency Cable for the tweeter and Klipsch Custom Low Frequency Cable for the woofer which is a nice touch. If there's anything to complain about I'd like to see some internal bracing in this speaker as the cabinet is not entirely resonance free.

Thanks for posting. Interesting to note that the xover says RB-61 with no other markings, wonder if it's exactly the same as before?

Are the woofer baskets (frames) plastic or metal?

Looks like they're still putting bucking magnets and shields on the woofers even though most people probably have LCD or Plasma screens if not projection systems, none of which is affected by speaker magnets. So the real woofer magnet is about half the size that you see under that 'can'.

Michael

The crossover also has some kind of serial code or something beneath the RB-61 print. The woofer baskets are made of composite plastic. Also worth noting is that while the woofer does appear to be shielded, the tweeter is not. And the magnet of the tweeter is quite sizeable.. Bit weird. I wonder if the tweeters in the center speakers are shielded?