Forte II Reciever Choice!

Thomzz

Hey, im new to the heritage line, former owned rf62,82 and 63.. then a dude from another forum told me to try out the Forte II, so i went to ebay and bought a pair in exelent condition! Never heard any of the heritage speakers from klipsch before, so what im really asking is:

How will the forte`s be better than my rf82? if they will be any better at all!

I love the bass in my rf82`s will the fortes bring me the same or more?

Logically im really nervous since i bought them and sold me rf82s, so please if anyone has compared them to some of those ive owned earlier please tell me how you experienced them:)

Been reading these forums for the last few hours but cant seem to find the exact answer im looking for!

The room they are gonna be in is 10m2 and yes i am indeed a bass/spl junkie! i need speakers that will make my ears say no long before the speakers do!

So what can i expect from the forte`s?

Regards Thomas!

Thomzz,

Welcome to the forum.

I currently own RF-63's and Forte's and have them placed side by side. I love them both. I have my RF-63's hooked up as the mains in a 5.1 HT setup and the Forte's strictly 2-channel with an integrated amp. The Forte's outright pound while the RF-63's are smoooooth. Being a 3-way speaker, the Forte's transition a little better but the RF-63's could pass as 3-ways if you didn't know they were 2-ways. Positioning the Forte's can be tricky while I had little trouble getting the RF-63's setup properly. Overall the Forte's are fuller sounding with a little more detail(3-way) but the RF-63's are more forgiving and have a really seamless presence. Both pair have their strengths with the Forte's taking the edge down low in the bass department.

To answer your ??? about the RF-82's and Forte II's, the Forte II's will be the clear winner from top to bottom. JMO.

Bill

Don't pre-judge the new listening experience. Hook up the speakers, spend some time getting them ideally placed and aimed, and see how they sound to you.

Audio is so subjective that it's easy to think you're hearing something other than what's actually coming out of the speakers and into your ears. Try to just listen without any expectations.

Ye The Fortes is beeing shipped from USA in a few days, so im incredibly excited:)

doubt they will be here in atleast 2 weeks tho!

Currently running a old harman kardon avr 80reciever, thinking about upgrading to the emotiva xpa 2 or the xpa 1`s !

How are they Basswise compared to rf82?

Well the reason i started loving klipch is the "Snapp" they got in their mids! Its so physical and you can really feel it piercing your chest!

But with my rf82s thats been hard to get, had it with my 63s but sold them due to economical reasons! so i hope the forte`s will bring me that back

and Also i hope they "kick" abit harder:)

Still unknown when they will arrive, so all i can do is wait and look for a good amp to make them come alive!

Thomzz, you and I have a similar situation. Last Saturday I replaced my RF-82's with La Scalas.

Before actually hearing the La Scalas at the seller's home, I had never heard a single speaker from the Heritage line (are Forte's Heritage? This always confuses me. Maybe "extended" Heritage???). I took a blind leap of faith (4-hr one-way drive to pick them up). Man, I'm glad I did.

The mids of the La Scalas are just stunning. Just a completely new experience when listening to music. Now, I've never heard Fortes or Forte IIs, but everyone seems to love them. I think you are in for a really pleasant surprise. Enjoy your new speakers! And, let us know what you think.

Jrod

Thats great to hear Jrod:) Forte is heritage i believe!

Altho the lascalas are a couple of notches above the forte`s afaik, But hopefully i will get satisfied, worst case scenario is that i will end up selling them if im not satisfyed..

After what ive read from people that have experience with new reference and fortes is that the forte II`s trounce all over the reference line! so hopefully that will be my experience aswell:)

I have Forte's, Chorus ll's and RF-7's. The Chorus ll does some things better and the RF-7 does some things better. If I had to pick one pair I think I'd have to keep the RF-7s. They just handle more types of music and they can out rock the Chorus ll if you ask them to. The Chorus ll breaks up at extreme volume. The RF-7 will just keep going. While the Chorus ll has the edge on classic rock and music like that at moderate volume, the RF-7 has an even bigger edge on dance, hip hop, pop and heavy metal. The RF-7 can crank to insane volume levels and never break up or become shrill like the Chorus ll will. This is just my opinion of course, sound is very subjective and only your ears can be the judge.

That being said, I have no doubt that the Forte or Forte ll will KILL the RF-82. There is a huge difference between the RF-82 and the RF-7 but there isn't a huge difference between the Forte and Chorus.

Explain what you mean by that comment please, would be great to get different views:)

My Chorii or able to stay smooth and clean at much more than moderate volumes. Actually I believe them to be one of the very best at high volumes. The tractix horn of the Chorus II, Forte II and Quartet family is what enables such a smooth response. I have enjoyed mine for over 20 years and if able will enjoy them another 20.

The room has a huge impact on the sound with the tractrix horn and the rear passive in my opinion. Also like most Klipsch offerings you need to find the right equipment that works for you. Alot of electtronics out there and they all have a sound of their own. I prefer to stay away from forward and bright sounding gear with horns.

I like the corner reinforcement for the bass for a more even audio presentation from top to bottom. I find putting alot of juice to the pro woofers used in this family wakes them up nicely. As Vital said its all very subjective and I was not disagreeing with the way he hears the speakers just that I hear them quite differently.

Same here, tried several tube varieties but realized that tubes aren't my cup of tea either.
I no longer use tubes at all. I have a large collection of solid state amps, I'm always changing and
listening to different amps at different times. Each has it's own sonic signature. I do have
Emotiva XPA-1 and Rotel RB-1080 and RB-1090 amps, they are a very good value compared to some of the
other amps I have. The Emotiva is a better value than the Rotel but both go well with Klipsch if all
other equipment are equal in quality. The Emotiva has a clear, clean sound with wider midrange and
on the neutral side. The Rotel is neutral but a little warmer sounding with midrange more narrow, more towards
the center and ever so slightly less detailed that gives it a little more smoother sound. Both sound
very good.

So if you had to choose one to keep it would be the emotiva?:)

Heard the rb1080 on klipsch rf82 and in my ears the sound was perfect! So if you say the emotiva is even better that will be my choice, even tho i think i will go for the xpa 2 instead:)

Yes, if I had to pick between the two, I would pick Emotiva. I like a more detailed and cleaner sound and that's what the Emotiva has over the Rotel, for my likes. Both are very good, dynamic and powerful. The Rotel is a little more warmer sounding and a little more veiled and the reason it sounds a little smoother. I like the cleaner sound of the Emotiva without the added warmth because it makes the male and female vocals sound more accurate to my ears without adding anything to it.