Forte II Reciever Choice!

Thomzz

SKYDOVER ,

i share the same phenomenon , having several amps , enjoying their distict signature sound variably .recently got a DIATONE DA P7 with DA A7 power amp, but could not justify if the right sound for me is this diatone or the marantz 2230 . the marantz is like your rotel , less powerful, moist sounding , velvety ,musical , i would say , cause its pleasing and adds better bass than diatone , but then it also is less accurate or cleaner in the bass responce than the much clearer diatone .

this has been bugging me , as i usually end up by finally plugging in the marantz and end my session on that . its got a bit more beefier sound . and in my acoustics the sound fills up the bass better than the diatone .

so why do u prefer the accuracy over pleasing sound , which is less than accurate , your rotel i mean .

isnt it that a more accurate amp sound more clinical and dry to life than a cozy sounding amp, lolz .

sorry i sound like im describing a pastry [:D]

That's how it is with this hobby, you have to find what best fits your own likes. I don't care for too clinical, dry, or flat that takes out the more involvement and emotion to the sound but I don't care for ones that mask over too much in detail for a more pleasant sound. I like it more to the neutral side of it, yet detailed, dynamic, and involving, yet have the emotion in the music. I guess for some, you have to find it some where in the middle to your liking, there's so many choices out there to get you where you want to be.

A friend of mine has a very laid back and polite sounding amp and speakers, it lacks the detail I like to hear, the mid-range is overly bloomy and very large sounding, it sounds nice but not all that accurate but he loves it. It's not as much to my liking but neither is my setup and speakers to him. He likes the detail and resolution he hears from my setup but he prefers he's sound like butter he said, slow, smooth, enhanced mid-range, sound at the speakers and not in front, and not very dynamic to the ears.

All we can do is list out the differences between equipment to help one pick closes to his/her likes, or sometimes it just takes experimenting with different gear to figure out what sound you like best for your own ears. Kind of the reason I don't like to give my opinions on advice to someone with sound, I would hate to misapply advice to someone that has different taste than my own and have them unhappy with the sound they are getting. [N]

Thomzz;

Welcome to the forum.

You have just purchased what many consider to be the best all around bang for buck heritage speaker ever produced by Klipsch.

I will be following this thread......

Curious as to your experiences with the Fortes when you get them......

Congrats. [:D]

Well honestly im very bad at telling if the sound is good or not! im more off a bass person! if it shakes my house, Rocks my body and punches my chest to pieces i would love it!! So i want a amplifier thats really powerful on the bass side, and can play incredibly loud without killing my ears to much like i have experience with amplifiers like NAD, Harman kardon!

i auditioned My old rf 82s with a Vincent SV-238MK this blew my away and i loved the sound, then i also got the pleasure of Borrowing a Rotel RB1080 with a rotelpreamp! and after listening to this while switching back and forward the vincent sounded boring, closed and dull compared to the rotel setup the bass was messy and poor while the Rotel was Tight hardkicking and impressive! and if im not mistaking the vincent amp is a 5k dollar amp! might be great on something else than Klipsch tho!

i can still buy the Rotel setup if i want, but after all the great comments about emotiva i so badly want to try it to see if they are really that good!

So i guess what it all will come down to is which of these amps that will impress me the most on the bass side along with dynamics and headroom!

Havent heard anything from the Klipsch seller for some days! but hope he will contact me soon and tell me my speakers are on their way!

When they finally Arrive i will make a Big shootout between rf62,82,63 and the forte II!

Regards Thomzzz

Check out Bryston amps. They may have the sound you really like, and their quality is very high.

+1 [Y] Also check out the now discontinued Lexicon NT series amps (used examples on Audiogon), these were built by Bryston and are exactly the same minus the 20 year warranty and therefore sell for much less. Bryston makes very high quality gear that is used in professional studios worldwide, and their gear exceeds its specifications as shown in the detailed performance report that is shipped with every new Bryston, i.e. their specified RMS output is very conservatively rated.

Well since i changed the topic to Forte II matches, that means things that will go well with the forte`s, Amps, Subwoofers and such!

So for my next question!

Got an offer on a Sunfire True subwoofer Mk2! Dual 10"s and 2700watts rms or something!

How will this work with the forte`s? know its an old sub but so are the speakers:)

Or will i be better of with something like The klipsch rsw10d or maybe something from svs? hate to get a "slow" subwoofer!

I've heard people refer to the Sunfire as "slow" but I haven't noticed that with the Sunfire EQ 12 signature (TS-EQ12). I don't have experience with the others to compare... I can just say that I'm not complaining with it paired with Cornwalls. I haven't had it very long... others can jump in. As with much used equipment: Buy it, try it, sell it for what (or nearly) you have in it if you don't like it.

I had forte II's for a 7.1 using a SVS 12/2 ultra. (quartets for rear centers.) All had popbumpers K-stacks. Pushing them first with a denon 3805 and then I upgraded to sunfire TGP5 with a TGA 7400 amp. Thought the sound was great with both. The sunfire has more power so I think I hear a little more clarity and more punch. I have now upgraded to three belle's across the front with V-track upgrades and could not be happier. I have never tried tubes so I couldn't let you know. This set up is in a basement with suspended acoultic tile ceiling and carpet.

• 2 weeks later...

Forte II has finally arrived even tho they are in a much worse condition than what seller said and showed on pictures!

First impressions is Amazing clarity, details and dynamics! Toto`s - i will remember has never been so powerful and direct!

The bass can be felt clearly in my chest and i can crank it up loud with the tweeters breaking up and hurting my ears.

And this is on a lousy Harman kardon avr80 reciever, cant wait until i get Parasound P3 and Parasound A23 to power them:D

Also Bought a Svs pc13ultra, this sub is the most insane thing ive ever heard! tears up my room and im hitting 126dB often which is as loud as my spl meter goes!

My KLF30 blows my Forte II's out of the water. Much cleaner sound, punchier bass. The Forte II's, however are stock while the KLF30 are modded with BC crossover rebuild and titanium diaphragms.

IMHO you have a toasted crossovers in your Forte II's.

Once upon a time back in 1996 when you could hear the 30's next to the Forte II's in the dealers showroom it didn't come accross that way. I and many many others felt we just took a step in the wrong direction but different strokes for different folks.

But I am Chorus II fan so what do I know!