Lascala Industrial Split Cabinets

Appleskinner

I just picked up a pair of Industrial LaScala split cabinets and am unable to find a whole lot of info on them other than the driver info. Does anyone have an idea of what finishes these were available in? Mine have a flat black "rhino liner" finish on the fronts and doghouse that appears to be a professional job, but does show some small bubbles that have me questioning if they came this way from Klipsch. The remainder of the cabinets are covered in a heavy duty gray carpet. As you can see in the photo, they've also got a ruggedized metal trim around the edges. The trim is in overall good condition, but I would like to find a way to sand the scratches/dings down and possibly paint it black to improve their appearance.

Does anyone else on the forum have this model and can you offer any suggestions in how to make them more aesthetically appealing? I was actually looking for a pair in wood finish without the carpet/rhino liner/trim. Had a chance to buy some a few years ago, but they were in rough shape and the asking price was high considering overall condition; although, they probably could have been brought back to life as home speakers--not so sure if these will ever be allowed in from the garage. I can't imagine it would be cost-effective to get these veneered. Thoughts?

Lastly, are the industrial badges still available from Klipsch?

~Gary

post-25126-13819618341002_thumb.jpg

post-25126-1381962198554_thumb.jpg

These are PA road speakers. great for bands. They are made to be bounded around the back of a truck or van. Im sure there are a few dozen folks on this forum that would make you a set of plain birch cabs and do an even swap.

DON"T PAINT THAT TRIM! If you don't like the way the look sell them as is. I have a pair and absolutely love them. They made splits and non-splits, with and with out the trim. Mine are wood painted with a pebble finish. They also had a fiberglass split configuration. Sounds to me that yours are like mine. I think the carpet was added after the fact, but I could be wrong.

The split ones are, IMO, much more desirable. As you can do a split center install for a HT, or point the high section differently than the bass bin in 2-channel. Much easier to lug around too.

Don't know what you paid for them, but in general I see standard LSs brining less then $1K (oftern 600-800) and these Industrial LaScalas (LSI) bringing over a grand every time. You could surely sell them and buy home pair and probably come out ahead with a little effort.

Here are a couple of shots of mine.

Pix%20001%20(Medium).jpg

Pix%20007%20(Medium).jpg