Klipsch Reference Series for 65m² room?

Buelldozer

Hello, sorry for my english, I'm french so it's not perfect.

I want to create a cinema room under my roof. The room is about 65m², 6.70m x 9.70 approximately.

This is my future 5.1 system :

RF-83 or RF-63 (maybe RF-63 is not enough...)

RC-64 (I allready have this one)

RS-62

RT-10D (I allready have this one)

Do you think this system is good for my future room?

Many thanks!!

And, the large Heritage speakers fill a big space better than the reference line.

From what I gather, there's no used market for the big Heritage line in France.

Il y a très peu de gros modèles Klipsch de la série Héritage (Klipschorn, La Scala, etc) sur le marché de l'usagé en Europe, sinon cela aurait été une route intéressante à suivre.

I will only use it to watch movies and play video games.

Heritage speakers are too much expensive for me!! I don't know how it cost in USA, but in france it's about 10 000€ minimum for a pair...

Take a look :http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Hifi/Enceintes/KlipschScala.html

Yeah, the price listed there for La Scala converts to US$14,631; That's a lot. There's a good used market in the US and you can get them for 1300 euro (US$1800). There are a bit more expensive in Canada. For me, it involved driving (and gas) for 16 hours or so and paying an extra $400 in taxes at the border.

I see that store have the RF-83 on sale for 2390 euro (US$3391).

I found un ebay germany a some pair of RF-63 at 990€ and RF-83 at 1700€. I fear to buy it on ebay... But 990€ is very interesting for the RF-63! Also I found an used pair of RF-83 in france at 1600€.

For my room you recommand me RF-63 or RF83?

On frenches forum, many peoples told me that my RT-10D is not so good and the say that I should some Velodyne CHT-15Q. What do you think about it?

I'll let reference experts answer about RF-63 vs RF-83...

The older CHT-15 didn't have a great reputation, so I wonder if the newer EQ'ed model is really any better. I think the RT-10d is well liked, if on the small side for your huge room. Have any woodworking skills? Build one. I'm building a Tuba HT sub and can't wait to hear it (see my thread in the subwoofer section of the forum). That, even with massive amplification and EQ, would be much cheaper than a 1000 euro sub and would out-perform it. You certainly have the space to think big here.

So I think I will buy some RF-83, I fear RF-63 are a little to "small" for 65m²

Buelldozer,

I have a pair of RF-63's in a 41.6 sq. meter(448 sq. ft.) room and I think they do an outstanding job of filling the space with sound. My ceilings are 12 feet high. The RF-83's probably will be a better choice unless your ceiling height is lower and then you could get away with the RF-63's. If you can afford the RF-83's, get them and you will not wonder "what if?"

Do you think 5.1 is enough or should I try to mount 7.1 system? For exemple with 4 RS-62 or 2 RS-62 on each side and 2 RB-61 for the rear?

For such a large room, 7.1 should work better with either (4) RS-62's or (2) RS-62's and (2) RB-61's.

Bill

I didn't realize that about the European market for used Heritage.... Interestingly, I just spoke on the phone yesterday with the East Coast Sales Rep for Klipsch. He commented that the European market for new Heritage is higher than they can keep up with! We are fortunate to have the used market that we do!

I'm sure you'll be pleased beyond measure with either of those Reference Series products. :)

Yes Heritage used market is very very small...

I tchat on a french forum with a professional home cinema seller in belgium.

He told me that RF-63 are betters than RF-83 on high and medium. For the low and ultra low he told me that my RT-10D is quite bad. Klipsh's subwoofer are not fantastics. He told me to buy some Velodyne DD51 or DD18 to have one of the better subwoofer on the market.

It's true that Klispch subs are not known for bang-for-the-buck like they are for speakers. The Internet-direct brands that we enjoy here are not really available to you, so I again really recommend that you look into building your own.