Moved now I want new speakers

Craknster

I just moved into a new home with a very large family room. It is 18x24 with 18 foot ceilings. We watch TV across the shorter 18 foot with. My system is as follows.
Onkyo SR 607
20 year old Bose 301s and a newer Bose VCS10 up front and 1 first generation Bose 100s in the back. I had a Yamaha sub but it went up in smoke. My friend has the Quintet and I like the sound. I found the HD1000 online for $515 delivered and I found this price in my budget. Keeping my budget under 1000 will I be happy with the HD1000 kit?

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum. At the risk of sounding rude (but there is no rudeness intended though, please), you should really consider disposing of the Bose. The HD1000 is a neat system, and you would be very pleased with the result. You may, however, wish to look for a couple pairs of used Forte's. They could be had for less than $1000 (about $450 a pair in good condition), or a pair of Cornwalls and a pair of Forte's (about $1000...). You will be quite surprised at the difference. Extremely surprised.... The Bose simply cannot produce the SPL's and the flat freq response cleanly. In addition, the Cornwalls, Forte's, etc. are extremely efficient, and you do not require as much power to drive them. I use a TX-SR607 in the master bedroom for my wife's K'horns and LaScalas. It has no problems whatsoever delivering clean sound at moderate volume levels. That room is about 18x24 as well.

I assume your ceilings are the standard 8' not "18 feet" tall?

[H]