Trying to decide on a sub

Gnet2000

Hi all

I am gettign ready to buy a new sub and am unsure which sub to go with the SW-450 or the SW-110 they both have similar specs and so I am unsure which to pick. they are both 10 inch subs and same power handling and same range. I have carpited floors if that makes any diference sence the sw-450 is down firing. the room is about 15 x 20. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gerald

I Second psg's comment here that a 10-inch sub will probably be working pretty hard to fill that space. I don't have personal experience with either of these two models, but while the driver and amplifier specs seems to be similar, the SW-450 is in a larger cabinet and thus gives slightly higher max output. Proper placement will be key here--corner is probably best to load the room and get a few more dB, but of course each space is different.

You might also want to check out several of the SVS models in this price range and scan Audiogon for some used models. There are lots of choices in the $500 range. Good luck and happy listening!

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions. However life gets in the way with bill and such so my budget shrank on me. However I decided to go with this sub

http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.php?brand=2&type=8&spkrID=121 BIC/Acoustech H-100 I found it while looking for reviews on the Klipsch subs and it gets really good reviews. IT retails for 499 but overstock.com had it for 225 and a buck for shipping. This is going to replace a 10 year old KLH 12" sub I got a Sams Club. It was never a very good sub and it finally gave out on me. The sub was bad enough that ANY thing I get would be an improvement lol. Any way the sub should be here next week I will post back when it arrives and let you guys know how it goes.

To answer PSG question it is a house and my neighbors a good 100' on one side and 6 acres on the other. I will be soon (Hopefully by Christmas) putting in the Klipsch RB-41 II Home Theater System. I have always wanted a set of Klipsch Reference speakers ever sense I herd them demoed at a store in Hot springs AR. I only live 30 min. form Hope where Klipsch was founded. any way I currently have a set of Advent speakers also bought at Sams Club when I bought the KLH sub. They are ok but no where near the level of the Klipsch reference speakers.

O and for got It will be a mix of music and movies and loud is not that important to me just sound quality. I am really excited to be upgrading my center channel as my wife is kind of hard of hearing so she always turns up the movies REALLY loud so she can hear what they are saying but the new center channel should help with that.

• 11 months later...