Just pre-ordered Gran Turismo 5!

wuzzzer

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get the game yet? A buddy of mine got it on opening day and he says all good things... I know he didn't talk to me over the entire holiday weekend. lol.

The sad thing is I got a PS3 over a year back because I wanted a Blu-ray player and it was one of those times when GT5 was right around the corner.

Well I still haven't got any games for it yet, but do plan on getting GT5 and probably getting a logitech G27.

I don't know why it is, but I only buy a system for a specific game. I got my N64 for GoldenEye, then only got two other games: Perfect Dark and San Francisco Rush. Then I bought my XBOX and only purchased two games... Halo and Halo 2. haha.

Good times.

Haha, same here....only games I own for playstation are the GT

Series and I've been waiting on the PS3 until GT5 was released. Will it work with the Logitech G25? I bought the steering wheel to play rFactor on the computer, but never thought it could be plugged into a gaming console?

Got the game last Wednesday when it came out. Absolutely awesome! Much more realistic engine and driving sounds, the graphics are incredible. Retains all the realism of previous Gran Turismo games and kicks it up several notches. I already have about 35 cars and am working on my second to last License tests.

If anyone is a fan of the British car show Top Gear like I am, you can drive on their test track in the game. Its pretty cool to see the track from the driver's perspective and it is rendered as perfectly as it is in real life.

I am a fan of Top Gear, the UK verison of course... the US version that came out is horrendously terrible.

Do you get the reasonably priced car to take around the track?

I agree about the US version, I've watched both episodes and they are LAME in the lamest way possible.

I've only driven the track in the Special Races area that picks the car you drive for you. I'm embarassed to say that I don't know the exact model that they use for their reasonably priced car (other than that they got a new car for this season) so I'll have to do some research and figure out what it is. With over 1000 cars available in the game I would hope I could race the one from the show!

{edit} I see that it is a Kia Cee'd. I'm not sure if that car is in the game! I don't remember seeing a Kia garage but if there is one I'll have to buy it. Otherwise I'll have to check if the previous cars (Suzuki Liana and Chevrolet Lacetti) are in the game.

Have had the game for a few days now. I've been using my Logitech Wheel that bought for GT3 back on the PS2, works just fine with the PS3 and GT5.

I can say, I do like the 3D affect that the game has. I have a Samsung UN55C8000, and well the 3D is done very well in my opinion for the game. It definately adds a level of depth to the game. Even just in your garage see the cars spin is pretty cool.

If you want to get the Top Gear Track in Arcade mode, you need to get gold on the Top Gear VW bus event. Was a pain, but finally got it. Gawd those bus's are piles of crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Hay Wuzzer how's it going!

I got this game the first day it came out and have been hooked ever since! I will say I was not as impressed with the graphics as I thought I'd be (I was playing NFS shift before) but then I noticed all of the detail they put into the tracks like the banking of the tracks and the background scenery is amazing! The sound effects are great and this is the first of the GT series where I like the back ground music.
All in all a must have game!

• 3 months later...

I am a fan of Top Gear, the UK verison of course... the US version that came out is horrendously terrible.

Do you get the reasonably priced car to take around the track?

I agree about the US version, I've watched both episodes and they are LAME in the lamest way possible.

I've only driven the track in the Special Races area that picks the car you drive for you. I'm embarassed to say that I don't know the exact model that they use for their reasonably priced car (other than that they got a new car for this season) so I'll have to do some research and figure out what it is. With over 1000 cars available in the game I would hope I could race the one from the show!

{edit} I see that it is a Kia Cee'd. I'm not sure if that car is in the game! I don't remember seeing a Kia garage but if there is one I'll have to buy it. Otherwise I'll have to check if the previous cars (Suzuki Liana and Chevrolet Lacetti) are in the game.

I also think so.