Klipschorns: Can I seal/close the back w/ plywood or smth. else instead of adding walls to the room? (Do not kill me for asking!)

LeoG

Davis: you did your backs very much as I did mine. How did you attach your backs to the speakers? what did you screw them into? I screwed the rear edge of my backs to a tail board extension, and I use eyebolts and toggles to secure the front edge to the Grills. Very solid. I also sealed them up with weather stripping and felt.

Rich.

Mine are 3/4" birch plywood using only 4 screws each. They are attached to the plywood mounting boards on the grills.

Here's what mine look like from the back. As you can see, Greg did a fantastic job closing in the backs.

FLKhorns174.jpg

Mike

One thing to note. The enclosed backs you see above are done with the plywood on the outside of the horn, not inside "within" the tops and bottoms. I think it is important not to decrease the size of the bass horn sections from the tailboard to the mouth.

The problem with this is that the top sections of the Khorn will stick out from the walls 3/4" when placed in a corner.

A lot of people have asked me for a kit to enclose the backs of Khorns. Tricky because they are all slightly different and it would require that the installer be able to tweak the pieces to make them fit.

Greg