Power amp running RF-7II.

kriller7000dk

Hi, guys.

Young dude from Denmark - small country in Europe.

I've just bought a pair of RF-7 II's. Upgrading from the older RF-35 - nice speaker though. I'm using an Onkyo SR-875 Surround receiver now it's have good power.

But now when i have invested in RF-7 what would you recommend to get the best out of my new speakers?

Cabels are Nordôst spellbinder

Budged is about 2000$

Kristian From Denmark

Kristian,

Welcome to the forum.

Your Onkyo TX-SR875 has a very potent amp section for an A/V receiver and should be okay to run your new RF-7II's. To really get the most out of them, I would suggest you get an outboard amp with a lot of current that will handle the low impedences of your speakers. I am not sure what brands are readily available in Denmark but for $2000.00 US, you should have no problem finding something. I like NAD and B&K(currently out of business) amps which have no problem driving any of my speakers. Emotiva is another high value/lower cost amp that may be available in your area.

Are you looking to get a 2-channel amp or multichannel amp?

Bill

Hi, Bill

Thanks for the varm welcome.

I'm looking after a 2-channel amp. I'm working in Oslo in Norway and dropped by a hifi store.They had the brand new Tannoy Kingdom Royal as a demo with some HUGE Mcintosh amps. After i've heard that i was sure to choose the 2-channel and not the 9-channel power amp from Onkyo.

Here in DK, you can find almost anything for the right price.

The problem is Klipsch is a very unkown brand overhere. No hifi store has speakers for demo, not even the danish import dealer know how the RF-7II sounds. So i can't go out and listen to the speakers with different amps.

The only demo rooms there is - is probably me and my boses living rooms.:-(

• 1 year later...

Hi, again.

Taking this thread up one more time.

What would be a good 2 channel tube amp, if I use it as a PA. Budget still about 2K.

I've tried a Vincent tube amp. Didn't lift up soundstage much. Heard the Preamp in my Onkyo isn't the best. Anyone tried the Anthem reciecvers.? Perhaps a mix with Anthem and a tube amp or other suggestions.