Merry Christmas to Everyone!

neo33

I am being extra nice since I got a great deal on my new Subwoofer. Merry Christmas to everyone here and may God bless the less fortunate people. I was extremely fortunate to still have a job to take care of my needs and Trinity's! For that I am very thanksful to God. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!

In addition, I would like to extend holiday greetings to all of the folks at Klipsch. A special thanks to Amy and Steve for their help this year. They never fail to respond to any question. Without the Klipsch people I would not have the Cornwall IIIs to enjoy every day of the year, especially at Christmas time when I get to listen to the uplifting music the horns reproduce. Can't think of anything better than sitting in the apex, glass of wine in hand, listening to "Winter" from The Four Seasons. Christmas music, my favorite time of the year. Seasons Greetings to all on the forum as well.

Frank

I like many here can speak of being blessed and would like to say Merry Christmas to all. I would hope we all would have a attitude of gratitude if we were less fortunate. When I think of the people in Hatti or other similar countries, I often think of how I ended up here. I have no answers but I am truely blessed!

Ironsave, is Xmas anything like Christmas? [*-)]

Ironsave, is Xmas anything like Christmas?

The Greek symbol for Christ was the X and XP and is indeed a legitmate writing of the word. Abbreviations were quite common in Greek and Roman literature, a tradition that carried over into the Western world. Christ would have been written as Xpisto(s) in later Latin (Constantine) and the Romance languages. One also sees Xristos.

Frank

Frank,

Totally agreed on your educated responce. I just recently came across what you have stated. My church is actually giving out invitation cards for Chistmas services stating "Xmas". Even knowing what you have stated I have a undecided feel about it. For those that it would be new news to and knowing our current alphabet and language, I wonder why the use of Christmas is less and less.

I certainly did not try to offend anybody with the question, just provoke a little thought. Thank you for sharing with the forum![:)]

... I wonder why the use of Christmas is less and less.

I certainly did not try to offend anybody with the question, just provoke a little thought. Thank you for sharing with the forum!

I love this time of year and several years ago started to respect other people's beliefs by wishing them a "happy holidays." Being a highly spiritual person but not very religious, I genuinely want friends and family to know how much I care and I like buying presents for them. Given that I am a fan of Santa Clause, I've started calling it "Christmas" again and don't hold anyone's religious beliefs against them although cringe when someone starts chastising others for theirs. Btw, I am not saying that anyone here is, just trying to articulate an additional pov. [A]

Ironsave, is Xmas anything like Christmas?

The Greek symbol for Christ was the X and XP and is indeed a legitmate writing of the word. Abbreviations were quite common in Greek and Roman literature, a tradition that carried over into the Western world. Christ would have been written as Xpisto(s) in later Latin (Constantine) and the Romance languages. One also sees Xristos.

Frank

And a very merry CHRISTmas to all. I remember a very long time ago, my eight grade nun just would go off about

how unthinkable it is to write Christmas without CHRIST. Just something I have always remembered and to this day will

never write Christmas without Christ. God bless all.

Well... If writing Xmas instead of Christmas offended anyone; I apologize.

(I have always written is as Xmas because of the meaning behind the X was the same to me)....

Though I wasn't offended (and doubt anyone was), you can assure yourself some forgiveness after you go listen to Marie Osmond Christmas Special fifteen times over...and over.... at a volume exceeding 100 db's [:o]

Only then will you be back in good graces. [A]

I am being extra nice since I got a great deal on my new Subwoofer. Merry Christmas to everyone here and may God bless the less fortunate people. I was extremely fortunate to still have a job to take care of my needs and Trinity's! For that I am very thanksful to God. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!

Nice score on the sub-woofer.

Anyway, tell me about it with regards to the job. I am very thankful that I have the job that I have, being it very close and pays extremely well (Still could not believe the Christmas bonus that I've gotten! [:o])

Wishing you all a wonder Christmas as well

Christmas-Klipsch005Medium.jpg

Christmas-Klipsch003Medium.jpg