Upsampling DAC experiences?

I am considering using the upsampling board upgrade from MSB Technology for my Link II DAC.

I have no way to hear this from MSB or another DAC company. Does any one have any experience or comments with this new technology?

I have only read the reviews in Stereophile.

I have a Link Dac III also.

Was considering the upsampling also, but

found a person who does mods on dacs who

is very highly recommended. He will completely go through the circiutry and replace all the stock electronics with high

grade. His name is Dan Wright, you can contact him at themorgue.com , he charges

$250 for the complete job and he says that

it makes a much more improvement than the

upsampling. I'm going to send mine to him to have it done, will let you know how it turns out.

I genuinely cannot hear any difference with the switchable upsampling board in or out...I would not order it...others ahve suggested that the power supply upgrade and some of the parts (caps and resistors, op amps) have a more noticable effect...Randy did the power supply thing he can comment, but I have decided that I should be happy with the tremendous improvement the Link dac made in the sound compared to my Sony changer's DAC!!! sometimes even nutty tweakers like us need to throw in the towel...I have been looking at amps and preamps lately the MSB product seems nearly state of the art! regards, tony

I may be on the edge of tweak crazy. I am not sure about some of the overzealous reviews I have read.

I am somewhat holding out to see how the DVD Audio technology develops and making sure to get a receiver that meshes well with it(perhaps, not totally sold yet).

Are there any cables you have used with a DAC(in or out) that make a difference?

I changed from a Kimber Toslink to a Bettercables coaxial. I beleive I acquired much better detail.

Are prudent funds invested in cables better than a $ 300 or more tweak to go to upsampling?

I bought 75ohm digital cable from MSB which was a significant improvement (significant? well I thought I could hear better!) than some monster cable digital cable I had before...on the other hand Monster makes a nice toslink cable at the top of thier line with real glass and polished ends (they all should be like that, watch out for bending!)....regards, tony

digital cables can make a difference. But not as substantial as the price of some would make you think.

Get an Apogee WideEye digital cable, available through professional sound stores (like Guitar City). About $45, and as good as they get.

The biggest change in my CD setup was from an addon, a Monarchy DIP. This can be had for $150 used, if you look. It's an anti-jitter device, and it may say more about my transport (a NAD CD player with digital out) than it does about anything else.

I just ordered the Monarchy DIP from audio

advisor. The new model is said to work on

CD,DTS,DD. I'll be trying it on everything.

Will post as soon as I get it and give It

a good listen. Will most likely get the MSB

DAC too. One thing at a time though. Enjoy

the music.

Regards tech rep