Problem with Klipsch RB-10 Imaging

neo33

Recently, I went through an inventory of my speakers and forgot that I have a brand new pair of Klipsch RB-10 still sitting in the box. I proceeded to open the box and hooked them into one of my many monoblock tube amps to play some Jazz. I founded there is something wrong with the imaging. The left speaker seemed to play louder then the right speaker. I had to adjust the volume on the right speaker to get a precise imaging. I thought that there maybe a problem with my monoblocks so I unhooked them from the RB-10 and hooked them back into a pair of Heresies and they played with perfect imaging. Any idea what happen here? Any help would be appreciated.

Try switching the RB-10s between the right and left channels of your amp to see if the volume difference follows. It's also possible that the volume controls of the amp don't track exactly the same. I presume that you had to turn the volume controls up higher for the RB-10s than for the Heresys due to the difference in efficiency- it's possible that at the setting needed for the RB-10s the controls may be slightly farther out of spec with each other than at the lower settings.

Recently, I went through an inventory of my speakers and forgot that I have a brand new pair of Klipsch RB-10 still sitting in the box. I proceeded to open the box and hooked them into one of my many monoblock tube amps to play some Jazz. I founded there is something wrong with the imaging. The left speaker seemed to play louder then the right speaker. I had to adjust the volume on the right speaker to get a precise imaging. I thought that there maybe a problem with my monoblocks so I unhooked them from the RB-10 and hooked them back into a pair of Heresies and they played with perfect imaging. Any idea what happen here? Any help would be appreciated.

I suggest playing them with the volume set equal. (One side sounds louder). Pause; switch speakers; left side on right side; right to left; and then play.

Does the volume difference switch? If yes; likely Xover issue in speaker.... If no; something funky with amp?

(Maybe something funky with the (much older) Heresies you are comparing them with?)

Good Luck.

Ok, this is really weird. I switched the right and left RB10s. The left RB10 is still playing louder then the right one. However, I tested the monoblocks with all of my Heritage speakers (La Scalas, Cornwalls and Heresies) and no problem. I then borrowed a brand new pair of Polk TSi100s from my brother and plugged them into the monoblocks and no problem at all. Something is not right with the RB-10. Anymore suggestion?