what music do play on that sad day

SSnyder

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think about this a LOT, and I’m not sure why,,,,,,,.

Widor – Toccata from Symphony No. 5…..as performed by Kevin Bowyer

U2 – In God’s Country

Blues Image or Blood Sweat & Tears – Ride Captain Ride

Gabrieli – Canzon Duo Decimi Toni –or- Canzon Septimi Toni No. 2…..as performed by the Cleveland, Chicago, and Philadelphia brass ensembles

As we get older we thin more about in-evitibly meeting our Maker

Gabrielli on horns is magnifficent

• Moderators

Skip the funeral- buy a bunch of beer -wine - and liquior-crank up the K horns to what ever tune that makes the survivors happy.

Now that's what I want !

This is cool also.

Kind of like a Jazz funeral, second line, really slooow jazz-blues as they bring your dead @ss down the street and bury you then the parade picks up tempo and turns into a party with complete strangers joining in as everyone walks down the street and ends up at a big party.

Kind of depressing to miss all the fun. [:$]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_funeral

My Father just passed December 7th, I made a cd for the funeral for my sister. Here are a few songs that were on it.

Mercy Me "I can only imagine"

Diamond Rio "One More Day"

Eric Clapton "Tears in Heaven"

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss Joe. Your song selection sounds very appropriate and good as it's going to be different for everyone. I forget at my Dad's funeral other than one of his favoritie hymns. Funerals are really for who's left behind as the dearly departed are in a better place and suffer no more.

I do prefer the celebration of life funeral over the more traditional. A wake or jazz funeral sounds better.

Thanks Thebes, He has suffered for a year and a half with emphysema. When I first went to the hospital back then the Dr. said that he didin't think it would be more than a few weeks. It was good to have the extra time to make amends and express our love to him.

Hope you're/family is doin' ok Joe.

I too am sorry to hear about your Dad Joe. My Mom suffered (well....she didn't really "suffer" in the truest sense) with having to be on dialysis and alzheimers and was in a nursing home for almost 2 years when she passed away late last September.

As for music....she never really talked about it and it was the one thing my Dad didn't really think about when making funeral arrangements. Which is odd 'cause I come from a musical family of sorts. Anyhow, the day before the funeral service my sister asked my Dad about music and if he wanted her to sing at the service.

Mind you - my sister is a trained operatic sprano with many years of performing who now teaches and directs little theater productions and all that jazz. And she can literally sing anything. Her brain is like a HUGE rolladex of lyrics. Yes, I'm prejudice, but the woman has the voice of an angel. If any one you get goose bumps listening to Alyisson Krauss, you'd get them listening to my sister.

(enough of the bragging Tom, get to your dang point)

So my Dad tells her he would love for her to sing and to work something out with the organist. It was perfect. She stepped up to the mic and mentioned a few words about my Mom's love for certain songs especially the ones that she & Dad would always dance to. So that's what she did, she sang three songs and her last was Ave Maria done acapella. I'm tearing up now.

Tom