K-24 in the Forte 1- that should change in the crossovers?

A.R.C

I am not a crossover designer so please this is just a suggestion. I would think that you would need to measure the inductance of both the voice coil in a K23 and a K24 and adjust the inductor value in the bass section of the crossover. That would be a good start as the crossover frequency would be maintained. If there are significant differences in the two drivers response that might have to be taken into account. You can purcharse woofers for your Forte from Bob Crites and not have to play with the crossovers. Regards Moray James.

well we may be going at it here at crossed purposes. I got the impression that you were interested in changing the crossover to accomodate a different woofer. An 8 ohm woofer will have twice the voice coil length as a 4 ohm voice coil will and that means an 8 ohm version will have greater inductance (probably close to double). So my suggestion to adjust the crossover inductor in the bass section of the crossover.

If however you are asking for upgrades in general for the crossover then new capacitors of higher quality and also possibly new auto transformers for the mid horn. Non inductive resistors are also sometimes installed in the crossover. Bob Crites sells these and there are also other vendors who sell upgraded parts as well. Sorry if there was a missunderstanding hope this helps. Regards Moray James.

Why not check with Bob Crites and ask for his suggestion. I have found data that a K-23 is a 4 ohm driver with inductance of 1 mH and a K-24 is an 8 ohm driver with inductance of 1 mH both have about the same efficiency but Qt values are different for the two drivers. K-23 Qt = 0.226 and K-24 Qt = 0.323. The K-24 will definately work in your Forte but as to the exact difference you will hear I can't say. Regards Moray James.