Home theater chair

Inkabodpain

This question has nothing to do with audio or video but with HT chair . I have a motorized recliner chair .The problem I am having is the following.

I am able to recline and decline once I seat in chair. Then out of no where I try to do a second time and nothing happens. After about 5 minute not exactly 5 minutes I haven't really timed it ,it starts to work again . I did flip chair to check all the components are plugged properly and they are. I also noticed there is 3 parts to the electronic components motor ,transformer and controller . Has anyone come across this problem ?If so please help ! Thank you.

• Moderators

This question has nothing to do with audio or video but with HT chair

Yes, but still appropriate in the HT section. [;)]

I haven't run into any issues so far with mine. Front three are electric, back three chairs are manual recline. Do you think for some reason, the transformer is overheating and shutting down until it cools? I know very little about the actual components and how they work....just taking a guess.

After about 5 minute not exactly 5 minutes I haven't really timed it, it starts to work again.

Sounds like a thermal problem, doesn't it?

Is there any binding in the mechanism - i.e., does the motor sound labored when it actuates in either direction? Are there any exposed mechanical contacting surfaces that can be lubricated?

Chris