not too brag but how big is your digittal music files all added all up

SSnyder

Guest davidness

Almost 6,800 tracks stored on my QNAP NAS. I originally ripped my CD's as MP3s, but now I'm going back and re-ripping in Apple lossless. All selectable using my iPhone and/or iPad and Apple's Remote application. Very cool.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost 68,000 tracks stored on my QNAP 16 terabyte TS-859 Pro NAS. I originally ripped my CD's as MP3s, but now I'm going back and re-ripping in Apple lossless. All selectable using my iPhone and/or iPad and Apple's Remote application. Very cool.

"Whooooa Camel!... WHOOOOA CAMEL!!..."

68... divided by... (!!) That's like six thousand CDs! Times...(!!!) That's like $72k!!!

You guys are MONSTERS.

Guest davidness

I went back and checked after seeing this. I was wrong, it's about 6,800 tracks. Sorry about that. One too many zeros. And I buy a LOT of CD's at yard sales for .25 to $1 a piece.

I went back and checked after seeing this. I was wrong, it's about 6,800 tracks. Sorry about that. One too many zeros. And I buy a LOT of CD's at yard sales for .25 to $1 a piece.

Geez... I was contemplating a second job robbing banks.

How 'bout iTunes though and the Remote App? The mutz nutz, eh?

I feel just a tiny bit outclassed: I have approximately 40G of tunes, most in 256k AAC.

If
I could hear the difference between this and lossless, I'd worry about
it. (I keep the library mirrored in two locations, as backup, so I
guess I have 80G of stuff...)

Some of you guys have incredible amounts of storage! All together, I only have about 420G.

I've got millions of songs. I subscribed to the MicroSoft Zune store. It's about $14 a month and you get unlimited streaming and downloads. So long as your license key is current anything you download will play. If you cancel for a while all the songs you downloaded stay on your machine and you can reactivate at any time. You also get to pick 10 songs per month to keep permanently so a key is no longer required to play them. I don't have a Zune player. I just like access to the huge library of music. It's amazing what they have and for less than the price of a single CD each month I'm happy with the price point. The Zune desktop software is not the best but it's decent. It took me a couple of hours to get really comfortable with it. I was ready to uninstall it during the first 15 minutes but I stuck it out and once I got used to it I kind of like it. They offer a free two week trial so you can check it out. The drm encrypted songs are at 192kbps with 2 pass cbr. The drm free mp3s are 2pass cbr at 320 kbps.

I highly recommend taking the two week trial, just be prepared to spend a few hours learning the software.

I've got millions of songs. I subscribed to the MicroSoft Zune store. It's about $14 a month and you get unlimited streaming and downloads. So long as your license key is current anything you download will play. If you cancel for a while all the songs you downloaded stay on your machine and you can reactivate at any time. You also get to pick 10 songs per month to keep permanently so a key is no longer required to play them. I don't have a Zune player. I just like access to the huge library of music. It's amazing what they have and for less than the price of a single CD each month I'm happy with the price point. The Zune desktop software is not the best but it's decent. It took me a couple of hours to get really comfortable with it. I was ready to uninstall it during the first 15 minutes but I stuck it out and once I got used to it I kind of like it. They offer a free two week trial so you can check it out. The drm encrypted songs are at 192kbps with 2 pass cbr. The drm free mp3s are 2pass cbr at 320 kbps.

I highly recommend taking the two week trial, just be prepared to spend a few hours learning the software.

I would rather listen to the radio and call the all request line.

49 GB halfway through loading CD Collection. 5 GB in High Rez, three Max converted from FLAC to AIFF.

Pure Music / iTunes 1650 Songs, 4.7 Days.

99% of time there are less than 10 albums in active rotation but using iPad Remote has rasied this from 3 - 4 albums in active rotation.

I love the high Rez files 24/96 really approaches vinyl or live but I am impressed how good 328kbps MP3 sounds compared to 1,400kbps of CD.