Peavey FH-1 Cabinets

kg4guy

Change the woofer!!!!  My BW 1504-4s produced more distortion than fundamental below 100 Hz.  K-33, K-43, JBL2226H and that Eminence Kappa 15C look like good woofers.  I got mine to happily cross at 1k to an Altec 511B/902-8B.  . 

On 6/30/2018 at 1:06 PM, geoff. said:

Klipsch K510 horn with Faital Pro HF200 driver.

Crites CS-500 crossover.

FH-1 bins with K-33-E woofers.

@geoff.. AWESOME! Please keep us posted :D 

FYI, have a set of KPT-904's (w/ K510 horns).  Almost bought a pair of La Scala II's, but decided against it as the K510 are much much better than the LS's mid/upper range ... but the bass is better than my 904's :(  So; looking for LS bass bins or Peavy FH-1's :D  

Cheers, Emile

On 6/30/2018 at 1:06 PM, geoff. said:

But THESE have really started the ball rolling again:

Klipsch K510 horn with Faital Pro HF200 driver.

Crites CS-500 crossover.

FH-1 bins with K-33-E woofers.

Had a pair of FH-1's with K33's in my old basement office about 13 years ago, with EV940 horns and DH1A drivers. Those suckers went down to 30 Hz. in the small room with no EQ. It was the room gain I know, but still equally amazing.

On 7/9/2018 at 5:47 PM, Emile said:

@geoff.. AWESOME! Please keep us posted :D 

FYI, have a set of KPT-904's (w/ K510 horns).  Almost bought a pair of La Scala II's, but decided against it as the K510 are much much better than the LS's mid/upper range ... but the bass is better than my 904's :(  So; looking for LS bass bins or Peavy FH-1's :D  

Cheers, Emile

Emile, I am glad you found this post.

I noticed the other day you were looking at something in Garage Sale but did not want to hijack that thread.

I cannot believe how low these FH-1’s sound with K-33-E’s in them.

And clear!

The doghouse slot is much larger in these than that of the LS and I think that is “reflected” (lol) in the sound.

• 6 months later...

So, just for the sake of it, I tried a pair of 2-way KP-320 crossovers, TYPE KP-3.2A (intended for another project), on the 16 ohm Faital Pro HF200/K510 combo.

These are spec’d to cross at 800hz with the “16 ohm” HF stock driver (the tractrix midrange from a Chorus II) in the KP-320.

Whatever filters are used in this crossover have produced the best high end I have heard yet with a passive on this combination.

Ironically the project I had initially intended them for was a complete failure, by comparison, lol. You can’t go back to direct radiator speakers after hearing (and feeling) folded horn bass. The smaller throat HF driver didn’t help the other end of the sound either...

Until now, I had no idea just how much the Faital Pro HF200 could sparkle.

04C1F842-C885-4BF2-9D2E-E73CFC12FC99.jpeg