BEWARE OF GEICO!!!

CECAA850

At this point, the TX. Dept of Insurance has the power to make a call one way or the other as far as I know. It won't cost me anything (legal fees) either. I'd love to put the screws to them in court as they are to me, but it would take time and money. They've got more of both.

I used to have a good friend that was an attorney who would fire off a letter for me, but he was shot and killed in his office by a career criminal. He would have had a ball with this one.

I didnt know shooting lawyers was a crime.. Client attorney privlage.

Actually Chris (my friend) was the exception to the rule. He'd literally give you the shirt off his back. He's spent countless hours voluntering around the community and given literally millions to the area's charities (mostly anoymously). If you ever met him you'd never know he had money just by talking to him. He never met a stranger. I got to know him through our children. His son and mine played soccer together and our daughters took ballet at the same dance studio. He's sorely missed.

Insurance companies ask for and take any personal information you will give them. They store it in a collective database, and sell it at will (it's all in the fine print). Ever notice how banks, insurance, credit, investment companies want you to sign up for electronic recordkeeping and statements? Claim they are going to save some trees. Give me a break. I'd rather keep them accountable and keep a few lumberjacks, millworkers, paper suppliers, truckers, and even the USPS working instead. You were smart to print some things out. I've mysteriously lost e-mails and even entire e-mail folders before. You can't trust any of this stuff and CYA is the name of the game.

When you say that you heard back from the "state", I'm assuming you're talkng about the State Insurance Board. This may be the time to go to the State of Texas Atorney General's Office and tell them what's going on.

People sue insurance companies all the time, and even though I'm related at my job, we're not the ones doing the suing. To say the least the ins. co's keep a whole gagle of lawyers on retainer in every town and city you can imagine. The lawyers they hire usually aren't the brightest, highest profiled or well paid. They are usually just an office with 2 to 10 attys in one space. (If anything, they pay my office quickly for our services so I can't complain too much about that part)

But I would go to your nearest Texas Assistant Attorney General's office and tell them what's going on and have your printed messages in hand.

BTW- When the state ins. came to you and said what the GEICO told them (did you really think GEICO was going to tell them the truth??) it sound like the state ins. board is in GEICO's back pocket.

Just now while I was watching television there was a news story about MSN customers' incoming e-mail messages going directly to either the "delete" folder or being deleted all together for no known reason. MSN is working on the problem. If your e-mail goes through the same servers there coould be a corolation.

Just relaying what I just heard.....

I would like to squash that litttle green gieco POS lizard- for their TV commercials if for no other reason

ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES S U C K

Dont believe it? just wait until you get into an accident with another driver with the same company- State Farm screwed me big time

two words.....State Farm.

had a huge oak fall on my house....over 50k damage.....handled very well by my agent in rockville, md. over the years, approx 35, never had them refuse a claim, or raise my rates. they did raise my comp deductible, but that's it.

When you say that you heard back from the "state", I'm assuming you're talkng about the State Insurance Board. This may be the time to go to the State of Texas Atorney General's Office and tell them what's going on.

BTW- When the state ins. came to you and said what the GEICO told them (did you really think GEICO was going to tell them the truth??) it sound like the state ins. board is in GEICO's back pocket.

Yes, the "State" is the TX Board of Insurance. Basically they told me they received my complaint and would get back with me. GEICO has sent me a copy of their response which was naturally a lie.

The State hasn't formally gotten back with me other than to give me a case #, they hadn't gotten GEICO's response yet at that time.

two words.....State Farm.

had a huge oak fall on my house....over 50k damage.....handled very well by my agent in rockville, md. over the years, approx 35, never had them refuse a claim, or raise my rates. they did raise my comp deductible, but that's it.

If they sell windstorm in TX, I might look into them. I believe there's only 2 insurance companies left that provide windstorm coverage in addition to the states policies.

Back in the early 1970s, radar speed guns were expensive and not yet widely used. GEICO started donating radar guns to small-town police departments, ostensibly to improve road safety.

The actual result was that more tickets were written, so more drivers could have surcharges put on their insurance bills. GEICO really came out ahead on that bit of "charity".