Sub(s) with Heritage HT?

CushXR

Bill,

I am hesitant to hide my speakers in the wall as I enjoy having them out in the open to look at. On the other hand, a 'stealth' or 'sleeper' install and you don't have to dust them or worry about someone setting their drink down on them. I was thinking the same exact thing about the screen & TV. 150" screen with my 52" plasma on the wall behind it. I wouldn't want to burn up bulbs watching the nightly news.

I'm not at home right now, but can look for the receipt when I get home. Of course, I got those a few years ago and they may have gone up a bit. IIRC, the total was somewhere just over $2500. BTW, the VB is one fantastic speaker for dispersing sound and giving you a realistic soundfield. The current setup is light years ahead of my use of Cornwalls for effects speakers.

If you are interested in getting them, PM me and I will put you in touch with the pro audio company that can sell them to you. Yes, they are an authorized Klipsch dealer.

I can imagine that those speakers are phenomenal. I am still just brainstorming, but I think I would still pick the heresy's or cornwalls just for aesthetics and personal preference. A 7.4 or 9.4 system in a dedicated room with all those heritage speakers in all their glory would be a beautiful thing IMO. I suppose a major consideration is to decide upfront weather you are going to go completely stealth and build the room around the speakers flush mounted or behind false walls or build a room where you have everything out in the open with wall plates to hook up speakers. Plenty of pros and cons to each.

I recommend you read about "Soffit" mounting of speakers. Where you actually built a real wall that is flush with your speakers. Studios do it., and the For Lascalas that would be a big space waster if you are short on space.. we're talkin almost 28" of depth I'd be tempted to make some sort of shelving, closet storage or something to take up that space behind the "soffit" wall besides the speakers. I will do it, not would do it, if I get the nod from my wife. :-) Also to steer this close to the topic, look at Infinite baffle subwoofers. Not a "Easy" as professionally built ones but can do well in custom set-ups. What ever you do, in my humble opinion, the subwoofer has to match the output of the Heritage speakers. Technically has to hit, in a 2000Ft^3 Room, 110dB within 10% accuracy or Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) below the Crossover with useable(100 dB) output to 20Hz -by no means play at that level continuously. I am guessing a pair of JL Audio F113 Fathoms, Klipsch KW-120-THX, eDesignaudio.com A7-900, SVS PB/PC 13Plus, Paradigm Sub 25, or Seaton Submersives, will do this will reach this. Many designs, budgets, and other factors will dictate what one may get. I think all of these subs are awesome and it's great that there are so many choices.

Guest Anonymous

I just found this thread and thought i'd give my two cents. I had Cornwall II's across the fronts LCR. They were awesome, but still needed a sub for HT. I ended up having to downsize due to the WAF, and moved to Heresey's. Moving from Corns to Heresy's was a real blow.

Now i have Belles Left and right, and La Scala Centre. These still require a Sub for HT.

Playing in Two channel, i can not tell a significant difference between the La Scala's and the Belles on a A & B test.

One thing you may find with the Cornwalls over the La Scala's. i think the Cornwalls had a little more bottom end.

To sum it up, either way, Cornwall or La Scala's you will rock in HT and 2 Channel. You will require a sub as well, no doubts here.

Rudy, I'm suprised to hear of your KP surrounds. About 4 months ago I called a local dealer inquiring about them for my room. They said they couldn't sell them to me, and a day later I got a call from Klipsch Corperate asking lots of questions about why I was looking for them. I was, because I wasn't condfident with other options keeping up with my LaScalas and dual Danley subs. After a half hour conversation, they agreed to sell me a pair but said they could only sell them along with a site visit and installation by their engineer! Of course, this made the price completely out of line.

I ended up using Heresy and RS62II. They actually satisfy me, and have likely ended my search.

Thanks Bill,

I am looking to do a pretty large room, 20' minimum on the short wall, and hopefully closer to 30' so I am not too worried about saving space. I guess I just like to have my speakers all out in the open so they are easy to tinker with and look at. Besides, what if they come out with a LaScala III that is slightly deeper, taller, wider? If you build a room around individual component, it is just more of a headache to change things around.

Getting back to subs, have you seen the new JL in-wall? It would be impressive to see 4 of those things running at once!

http://home.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=46

Rudy, I'm suprised to hear of your KP surrounds. About 4 months ago I called a local dealer inquiring about them for my room. They said they couldn't sell them to me, and a day later I got a call from Klipsch Corperate asking lots of questions about why I was looking for them. I was, because I wasn't condfident with other options keeping up with my LaScalas and dual Danley subs. After a half hour conversation, they agreed to sell me a pair but said they could only sell them along with a site visit and installation by their engineer! Of course, this made the price completely out of line.

I ended up using Heresy and RS62II. They actually satisfy me, and have likely ended my search.

I don't understand why Klipsch did this. I would have welcomed the engineer to come on down, but in your case it seemed rather invasive since, I think, you knew what you were doing. There are enough nuts out there, that if they made it easier to procure ALL of klipsch speakers we'd have a big subforum on Klipsch Cinema speakers.. Guys on here have been raving about the Jubilee for years!

Sorry to hear that. They either changed their policy, or you happened upon some empire builder who wanted to make a point. Besides, I would think Klipsch would like to sell to dedicated Klipsch enthusiasts such as the majority of forum members.

I think either of your guesses, or he was convinced that I didn't "need" them. There was a bit of an "elitist" attitute to the conversation. He said that without question there was no need for the KP surrounds in a home environment. I guess he hasn't seen or heard the right home environment! Anyway, I checked out the link with photos to your room. Very impressive! Wish I were closer to give it a listen.