1st split cornscala.

justinsweber

Given how many moving parts going into these projects Im soooo happy to have it sound right.

I’m so proud, I feel like a new Papa.

This is the 1st completed Split CornScala.

I had built these as 24”x24”x24” but on significant advice, added material internally to bring it back to 22.5”x22.5”x22.5” and some serious bracing. Sides are 2.25 thick, back/front and top are 1.5 thick. Bob Crites built a crossover for the K55/K401 & Selenium D220ti/Selenium HM17-25 combo. I powered it up last night after final assembly of the bass bin and man I love this. I ended up walk my wife up in the middle of night to listen. Bass is deep and tight.This is a true project on a budget, had to wait to get the finishing done. I have to now wait a few weeks before sending the other bass cab for finishing. I chose the K55/K401 route as I had 2 rebuilt K55s and 1 K401 for $55 later I had the 2nd horn.I do plan on building a new top hat for my birthday in june. That will be a 2” D405/D220ti combo.

post-39161-13819634727276_thumb.jpg

Just 2. I have 1 Split La Scala I could never find a home for :-).

The Split Cornscala are for my MA2275 when it comes in (Mid Feb). I built 4 of Bob's CS1 (2 will be for my DIY mess around rig in the same room.)

The Living room gets my origonal Cornscala's... PAS3 Pre Mc275 V.

The extra... without homes are 1 DIY built Split La Scala and 2 CS1 speakers. Next year is almost no building and much more saving.

I do plan on building my 2" horn setup for this bass bin and a ST35 I have parts for. Aside from that... Trying to say no. Seeing all the beautiful work people do makes me want to reconsider. :-). I love building, but no homes for previous projects. Last night as I powered this bad boy up for the 1st time I was overwhelemed... 6mo project with alots of money and time placed in it sounded right on... Had it not.. I would have had to do alot of problem solving and been very angry at myself. I have 1 or 2 improvements to make. Sealing all the seams internall etc.