Why must cats pee on speaker grills?

oldmako

It says, "General Questions" after all.

I first noticed this phenomenon in my youth when I visited my squeezes domo. Her family had cats. Perhaps this is a good time to mention that I hate cats. OK....perhaps 'hate' is hyperbole, but I do indeed HATE cats that feel the need to soil their providers living quarters with testosterone propelled ejecta and have their way with the furnishings. WTF? I LOVE dogs, and I'd beat the hell out of Rover should he embark upon the same behavior.

You may ask, "What the hell is this guy smoking?" (Romeo y Juliette Exhibition Number 3 to be exact). I purchased (OK, stole) a pair of CF3s a few years ago from a guy whose lady friend owned a cat, or cats. The exact tally of felines housed within the domo is unimportant (unless the threat of another same sex cat within said residence prompted the ejectorate in the first place, but that's another thread on a different forum). At any rate, one of more felines decided that soiling the speaker was an essential part of their existence and now I have to deal with the resultant stain.

Let me tell you, cat piss is some weird stuff! It seems as though every 6 months it REAPPEARS like a bad case of herpes! I'd bet that NASA or the Defense Department could put this chemical to good use. Biannually I dutifully remove the grill from the speaker (fortunately only the starboard unit was micturated upon) and schlep it over to the kitchen sink. Once there I wash it off with a stream of warm water and dish soap. It always comes away from this ****** completely clean and in fine spirits. But, traces of it reappear just as sure as your starter wife will contact you for additional monetary support long after your court ordered stipend has been paid. The stain is like a crocus pushing through the late snow in March. I am flummoxed!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A forum buddy has 2 indoor/outdoor cats. They dont scratch stuff or piss on anything. Another friend of mine has a cat that pisses on everything- including speakers- his have been removed but that did not slow tha pissing process down one bit. The house smells like a litter box despite their efforts. The cat has a particular liking for anything made of plastic as a target.

I had 2 siamese cats for a number of years that never really pissed on anything except for a few accidents. Early on they would try to use my ESS hiel tower speakers for scratching posts. I would throw pennies at them and smack them across the heads. They still tried to sneak up when they thought I was not looking. I would rattle my keys as they thought I was reaching for the pennies. they woul haul @ss to get away running into each other and furniture. Eventually they gave up and used the scratching post that I had bought them.

It says, "General Questions" after all.

I first noticed this phenomenon in my youth when I visited my squeezes domo. Her family had cats. Perhaps this is a good time to mention that I hate cats. OK....perhaps 'hate' is hyperbole, but I do indeed HATE cats that feel the need to soil their providers living quarters with testosterone propelled ejecta and have their way with the furnishings. WTF? I LOVE dogs, and I'd beat the hell out of Rover should he embark upon the same behavior.

You may ask, "What the hell is this guy smoking?" (Romeo y Juliette Exhibition Number 3 to be exact). I purchased (OK, stole) a pair of CF3s a few years ago from a guy whose lady friend owned a cat, or cats. The exact tally of felines housed within the domo is unimportant (unless the threat of another same sex cat within said residence prompted the ejectorate in the first place, but that's another thread on a different forum). At any rate, one of more felines decided that soiling the speaker was an essential part of their existence and now I have to deal with the resultant stain.

Let me tell you, cat piss is some weird stuff! It seems as though every 6 months it REAPPEARS like a bad case of herpes! I'd bet that NASA or the Defense Department could put this chemical to good use. Biannually I dutifully remove the grill from the speaker (fortunately only the starboard unit was micturated upon) and schlep it over to the kitchen sink. Once there I wash it off with a stream of warm water and dish soap. It always comes away from this ****** completely clean and in fine spirits. But, traces of it reappear just as sure as your starter wife will contact you for additional monetary support long after your court ordered stipend has been paid. The stain is like a crocus pushing through the late snow in March. I am flummoxed!

ahhh!... here is a subject that is "dear" to me. I simply cannot understand why people even wish to have these vermin in their homes. As for me, I won't even tolerate them on my property. In fact I think I would prefer "vermin" making the occasional foraging expedition through my kitchen, than to have a domestic cat in full time residence. Hah! "domestic" that's funny, what is domesticated about them? At least a dog can be trained and it's natural tendencies can be curbed. The only thing that has been altered as far as a cats nature is that it does not attack or maul us anymore, and of course it has been bred into a smaller package. Fortunately that "smaller package" is the perfect size for a racoon trap, and it makes it easier to disguise as chicken when cooked.[;)]