Why must cats pee on speaker grills?

oldmako

I have 2 cats that are almost 13 years old and I can count the number of accidents in the house on a couple of fingers. No issues at all. We then acquired a 3rd cat who is now 8 and she pisses on the floor constantly missing the box (but trying to score), pukes about twice a week, and tears anything made of cardboard or wood to shreads. None of them have ever touched my speakers or grills, other than occasionally hiding in a lascala top hat or MWM cabinet. They all go outside everyday for while as well which I believe helps tremendously in reducing the destruction in the house. They live in the basement and have it made.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cats are a lot like young children. They need training or they will schit in their britches forever, as I suspect many posters here do, or they would know that.

Keith

You ever tried to train a cat??

Sure, several times. Cats are smart. The guy on the left is the guy on the right 15 years later. He learned quickly and never peed anywhere again except the litter box.

Keith

Cats are a lot like young children. They need training or they will schit in their britches forever, as I suspect many posters here do, or they would know that.

Keith

You ever tried to train a cat??

Sure, several times. Cats are smart. The guy on the left is the guy on the right 15 years later. He learned quickly and never peed anywhere again except the litter box.

Keith

I would not say that getting a cat to pee in a litter box is training....it is probably the only loose soil like material that is available to them. So their preference would be to use it. I have never known a Kat that would not use a litter-box, tho I feel sure that I'm about to learn of some.[;)]

I have 2 cats that are almost 13 years old and I can count the number of accidents in the house on a couple of fingers. No issues at all. We then acquired a 3rd cat who is now 8 and she pisses on the floor constantly missing the box (but trying to score), pukes about twice a week, and tears anything made of cardboard or wood to shreads. None of them have ever touched my speakers or grills, other than occasionally hiding in a lascala top hat or MWM cabinet. They all go outside everyday for while as well which I believe helps tremendously in reducing the destruction in the house. They live in the basement and have it made.

Mark,

Better have a freind with no cats stick his head inside your MWM, I'll bet there is piss in there!

Roger

Why have Cats?

They are loving companions.

My Cats are trained. No peeing on speaker grilles or anything inappropriate.......

They are loving. They can stir your soul; much like Klipsch can.

My youngest kitty; Tiger....... I arrive most days about an hour before my Woman and her son.....

I put on music; rather loud; and Tiger comes to lay with me......

We listen to every type of music you can imagine; but mostly metal.

(Nap time... ~ 1 hour).......

So; I get a companion; who likes my music; lays with me to listen; and truly is a friend.......

He is a loyal animal; and a loyal friend...... My METAL KITTY. I will take Tiger's loyalty ANY DAY.

I challange most of you to find the same....It can be done; but not a "slam dunk".....

Do not criticize unless you have given it a fair chance. Dogs are cool too; but my kitty is loyal to a fault......

Any one who has cats in the house deserves whatever said cat bestows upon them.

Same thing can be said of a dog! Dogs can leave the same messes as cats or worse if they get destructive with the couch, tables, chairs, door frames, pick a part of the house.

• Moderators

We had a cat until about 3 weeks ago, I found it dead in the back yard, old age I guess. She was about 15 years old and she never used the house as a bathroom and never had a litter box.

We did have another cat during that time that did the same thing, ALMOST, after years of not using the house as a bathroom I caught her using MY pillow to leave a pile, she mysteriously only lasted about 5 minutes after that, I figured she lost her mind ?

i had one of my cats pee on my mach dj speakers and the urine remove some of the paint on the metal grill and he also peed in my dj box which managed to get on my gli amp, fooking bastard. Knock on wood, the catsi have now have been quite respectful of my rf-3's but have nommed through a speaker wire in my bedroom of another system. I have caught them eyeing to nom wires of my main system but a quick "HEY" and a few shots of squirt botle detur them for the time being. I have 3 cats, 2 are nommers.

Our cat goes in and out, and we have a cat box in the master bathroom (not often used). My daughter informs me that when our bedroom door is closed at night, the cat uses either the sink or the bathtub in the hall bathroom. I guess it's better than on the Khorns...

Any one who has cats in the house deserves whatever said cat bestows upon them.

Same thing can be said of a dog! Dogs can leave the same messes as cats or worse if they get destructive with the couch, tables, chairs, door frames, pick a part of the house.

Same can be said of an aardvark. What's your point? The thread wasn't titled "Why must dogs pee on speaker grills". Are you a dogophobe?

I have to agree, cats are trainable. Both of my cats are snap trained. If either one of them are doing something they shouldn't be, they get one snap. 99% of the time they stop what ever it was. If not, a stern and loud "HEY" stops them in their tracks. With my recent purchase of my KG 5.5's, the male decided he wanted to jump up and sit on the right hand one. I saw him getting ready to jump, and snapped, he decided to ignore that, so I yelled. He grumbled and whined a little, and then walked away. He hasn't tried to jump up there since.

I also have both of them trained that 2 snaps means come here, so when ever I do that, the nearer of the pair jumps up into my lap.

-Kelly

Over the last 27 years I have had 6 cats, two currently, and never once has one peed on a speaker grill. I have had a couple who would have picked on them, but I let them know that the world would end if they did and we reached an understanding. I did however have one of our greyhounds pee on an old tuba of mine. I guess the resemblance to a fire hydrant was too much for him. [+o(]

Sure we've had some mishaps here but I still enjoy having a couple more hearts beating in this building I inhabit. Their purring at night drowns out my tinnitus and allows me some sleep. They're pretty self sufficient, allowing me to travel without huge expense or worry. I've had one or more since I was a kid, probably always will. To me, dogs slobber too much, have their own unique odor, and worse yet- make noise. I despise extraneous noise, but to each his own.

Eldon, sorry to hear about Momma Kitty, I loved having her to play with when I visited your home.

If I spoke of shooting or ridding myself of canines a bunch of you would be quite upset, so let's be kind, mmk? To each his own.

Michael