Will the K53 Ti driver work as a drop-in replacement on the Forte?

chuckears

I have been following the progress of some who have switched out their stock Forte and Forte II phenolic midrange diaphragms with the titanium diaphragm from the new Heresy III's; I see that it is an exponential horn like the Forte I, and am wondering if anyone has an idea if the entire driver (K53-Ti) can be swapped out with the Forte's original K53-K?

I have had the Crites titanium tweeter diaphragm for a few months now, and am getting the itch to tweak a little more...

After getting smart and comparing the drivers' specs on the website, it looks like the Forte midrange (K53-K) is 1.5", compared to the Heresy III's 1.75"... it looks like the diaphragms might work, but not the whole driver...

I was able to install the complete K53 TI driver with Titanium diaphragms on my forte II with no issues. Like your forte's, they came stock with a 1 1/2 inch midrange driver. Extremely easy install, just remove the horn from original driver, and install new. Truly "Plug & Play"!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to call Klipsch today to order a pair but got a recording that they were closed for reasons beyond thier control. Weather maybe? Strange recording I thought, why not give the reason? Anyway I'll try again tomorrow.

I had the same message between Christmas and New Years but I wouldn't of expected it now!

BTW the Ti has been working great in Fortes, I'm well pleased. I am curoius if anyone is using the Crites Autotransformers with them, I just didn't like the sound as much as I do with my German C-Core Autotransformers. With the Crites Autotransformers I would prefer by far the Crites mid with them. Maybe the stock autotransformers are a better match subjectively I don't know.

SET12

Kinda bad snow here in Indy yesterday. Funny, Tech Support should be able to work from home by now, oh well. Should be open today roads are clear.

I wouldn't look for anyone giving any reasons for anything from now on, it's all pretty hush hush due to the impending sale of the company. I'd imagine that there will be a bunch more folks looking for work soon. Thanks Fred.

Kinda bad snow here in Indy yesterday. Funny, Tech Support should be able to work from home by now, oh well. Should be open today roads are clear.

I wouldn't look for anyone giving any reasons for anything from now on, it's all pretty hush hush due to the impending sale of the company. I'd imagine that there will be a bunch more folks looking for work soon. Thanks Fred.

You got that right, I have been through it, I worked for one company 27yrs before production was shifted out of the country.

Its only the beginning, temp service employees, restructuring and shifted production over seas and so on. One Klipsch forum member suggested stop doing DIYing in support of companies here, what so I can support workers over seas being paid 50 cents an hr that are jumping out of windows from stress. My current company I work for is an electronics giant, one of the top ten in the country.

One day after I was told a product line I worked with was going over seas I decided to take a count of just how many workers they have overseas working for them as they have maybe 3000 total in the U.S., I was surprised, it was in excess of 8,000 and the number is growing. I can no longer afford to buy already made products as I have loss 1/3 of my income and I have many coworkers that have as well. One Klipsch associate said I think "well its not as though the roof is caving in!"

Well I work with Technicians everyday which use to be people with 2 yr associate degrees, now the company has 4yr EE degree people working as Tech's. Why, because they can get them, engineering is cheaper out of the country and many engineers are available and they can be had for 50% of what they were once paid.

There are countries that encourage their corporations to produce within their own country with incentives tax breaks and so forth. Until this happens in our country I feel the U.S. is cutting it's own throat. It's hard to afford a new car even and no wonder why Detroit has cut so many jobs and has been bailed out.

SET12