Just bought a Squeeze box touch and this thing sounds really nice!

Dylanl

UPS just dropped mine off today at about 4pm. This thing is awesome! The amount of music at your finger tips is amazing! The sound is very nice. I am waiting on an XDA-1 from Emotiva that should really make it sound awesome!

I have a Touch on order, but it will be a huge learning curve to properly use it. I know nothing about internet radio, music servers, etc. I haven't even installed my router yet! I'm hoping there are some user forums when I get it connected.

Here is some advice. Start right now and install your router. Get your wireless system working first before you Touch the Touch. : - )

Once you understand and can utilize the wireless system and your files, your ready for the next step of getting them to your audio system.

I have a Touch on order, but it will be a huge learning curve to properly use it. I know nothing about internet radio, music servers, etc. I haven't even installed my router yet! I'm hoping there are some user forums when I get it connected.

It's very simple... like Cut-Throat said, get your router up and your network and password rdy and it's very simple after that. Once you get the Touch connected this is the webpage to go to. http://www.mysqueezebox.com/index/Home Go the App Gallery and start downloading and installing all the apps. Some things you need to sign up for but it's all easy to follow and then you're off and running!

What I have been impressed with is the quality of the DAC through the standard interconnects. The earlier SB needed an external DAC but I think I can live with this for a while. I have heard that the power supply can be upgraded and that is a huge improvement.

I am telling you try one from Amazon, if ya don't like it send it back ( you don't have to pay the tax and all you have is shipping ). My money says you keep it :). I also saw that blog thank you. I just bought an external hard drive today and I am making all my files to FLAC as we speak. I have some more experimenting to do but I agree with most of what has been written on this little thing ( pretty amazing ).

So far it's one of the best additions to my system.... tuner, cd players and antenna look like they will be up for sale...........stay tuned

The router is a D-Link N300, will this be OK? And how concerned should I be about setting the WEP, WPA, etc. security settings? What is the effective range someone could tap into my wireless signal? Like I said somewhere else, I'm clueless about this wireless stuff. Thanks

Wireless N routers are the most up-to-date router you can get right now. It will do everything you need in dealing with a home network, wireless signal, and streaming audio from your computer. I have an N router with the WEP settings on. Takes a few steps to engage the WEP protection. Once you do, all wireless devices need a password (which you just created in doing the WEP) to connect.

About 6 years ago, I walked down our street testing the range of the router we had at the time (whatever was before the G series). I got three houses down before going out of range. Haven't done that since, but I'm sure modern wireless routers are at least that capable.

It would be good to have at least the WEP security setting active. If you're not set up yet or going on vacation, you can turn the wireless off too (while leaving the router powered on).