Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

Well it does say "non-binding" in JB's post so I suppose we shouldn't all panic quite yet.

Oh, so they'll be selling speakers without binding posts? WTF??

So it might be easier for those that like to use stiff coat hanger wire instead of speaker wires? Or just the cheap statically wireless speakers? Wires. Who needs wires. Or maybe we'll go back to infinite bafle. Solder the wires right to the balanceing, uh, crossover... oh wait, who needs a crossover...

Amy I appreciate your comments and I appreciate that you and every employee of Klipsch is scared out of their wits right now. However, you're whistling down a dark alley if you think that Audiovox (loosely translated: "the people's music") is anything more than a conglomerate that sucks out the good will garnered by formerly honest brand names to slog inferior products. Their entire marketing rational is predicated on the rational that the consumer has a short memory and will buy the junk they rebadge under the formerly respected corporate logos.

I don't claim to know, but I presume this is all boils down to inheritance taxes and the family is going to make a move while the very lucrative window on estate transfers is open. Seen it all first hand over the last couple of years when a really fine regional family owned paint company called Duron was acquired by Sherwin Williams. The family divided up a billion plus, the customers got shafted with increased prices and reformulated inferior products. The employees got stiffed on pensions, benefits and self-respect. Oh, and incidentally, Sherwin Williams got rid of a competitor that killed them in every market they were in together.

There will be a lot of people here that don't chime in on this thread because they will be busy out buying up heritage speakers while you can still get them, their loyalty to Klipsch, like it's owner, driven by only one thought, monetary gain.

Hey look on the bright side... at least KRACO isn't buying Klipsch!

Who here remembers KRACO car stereos from the late 70's and early 80's?! Big Smile

Do you remember Sparkomatic?. They purchased pieces of Altec Lansing when it went under.

Now everyone can afford an Altec system.

Too bad! I hope none of the employees don't lose their jobs.

You hope they're all fired? Sorry, I knew what you meant. Especially Amy, Trey, Hunter, Delgado...Our family!!

Sorry, I shouldn't have drinks and type........now edited.

Gregg.... Don't forget Mark aka Professor Thump!

Life is too short to be a pessimist.

Ahhh.... After so many years in the really large corporation corporate jungle my optimism as hard as I have tried to keep it and I still do (though it's gotten really harder as of late), is that we end up longing for the days when the glass actually was 1/2 full as opposed to maybe an 1/8 full or practically empty laying on it's side.

We should all try to avoid panic until things are done to cause panic.

Dang. Now if I could just afford some used / new Heritage while they're still plentiful and very affordable, my financial glass seems to have gotten dumped out recently. The work to refill is going slow. Very, very slow. But overall, Life is still good. The sun will shine tomorrow. And the guillotine, if that is in fact what it is, has not yet fallen.

P.S. Please remind our engineer friends not to point out to any executioneer that may arrive that the guillotine needs greased or reparied.

P.S.S. You also know that the slightest rumor will often send us collectively into rant mode, sometimes even related to the original topic.

Too bad! I hope none of the employees don't lose their jobs.

You hope they're all fired? Sorry, I knew what you meant. Especially Amy, Trey, Hunter, Delgado...Our family!!

Sorry, I shouldn't have drinks and type........now edited.

You're lucky Runnin' my fingers oftern type like they have a mind of their own. Crazy phalanges. [:@]

Do you remember Sparkomatic?. They purchased pieces of Altec Lansing when it went under.

Now everyone can afford an Altec system.

I must be old. I remember both KRACO and Sparkomatic.... but are today's Altec system really Altec or just branded Altec?

Ho-boy! This ought to get interesting. This definitly reeks of a hostile take-over attempt. Figure this was eventually going to happen now that Klipsch is really making a name for itself in the audio world and has become a very respected brand, dare I say, even more so than Bose. I've often seen posts on the internet in various forums/blogs about Bose with several folks always saying something like "forget Bose, get Klipsch instead!".

Also, isn't the Klipsch Group still a privately held company (no stocks being traded on the markets)?

Like I said, this will be very interesting to watch. I guess I better go grab those Cornwalls while they are still around. And speaking of Cornwalls, stupid-*** me had a chance to grab a pair for $400 up in Bethesda a couple weeks ago, but I was to slammed with other things to have the time to go up there (friggan work, holidays and ski patrol). I guess you really gotta jump on these things when they become available.

Oh well - guess will just have to keep an eye out for another pair.

And speaking of Cornwalls, stupid-*** me had a chance to grab a pair for $400 up in Bethesda a couple weeks ago, but I was to slammed with other things to have the time to go up there (friggan work, holidays and ski patrol).

Steve, you can always count on some buddies around Bethesda to help out in cases like that, though C/W's are pretty heavy for just me to move around. Just let us know.

Larry

Its tough when some thing like this happens,,, Look what happened to JBL last year,,They closed there factory in Calif,, and moved to Mexico,,,The Engineering staff is still intact (barely),, Other great names are gone ,,Ampex, Studer, Bozak,,Some will flip over and land on its feet,,McKintosh,,Marantz,,Etc,, This country had 10 good aircraft companys,,Now only two.. When I see members on this Forum scratch building there own Khorns or back engineering Jube clones,,Thats one more nail in the company coffin,,,We are all guilty of some of that.. Just how many ear buds can they sell to make one pay check....Well it could work out for the better,,,But for whom ????

Its tough when some thing like this happens,,, Look what happened to JBL last year,,They closed there factory in Calif,, and moved to Mexico,,,The Engineering staff is still intact (barely),, Other great names are gone ,,Ampex, Studer, Bozak,,Some will flip over and land on its feet,,McKintosh,,Marantz,,Etc,, This country had 10 good aircraft companys,,Now only two.. When I see members on this Forum scratch building there own Khorns or back engineering Jube clones,,Thats one more nail in the company coffin,,,We are all guilty of some of that.. Just how many ear buds can they sell to make one pay check....Well it could work out for the better,,,But for whom ????

It doesn't have to be financial stress to sell a company. People don't live forever and they have to retire (Cash Out) --- When companies 'Go Public' the owners are cashing out. When private companies get sold the owners are often 'Cashing Out'.

However, when you send the Manufacturing to China, Mexico etc. etc. --- You are increasing profits at the expense of the American worker and eventually America. --- Yes, our Unions here won't work for 30 cents an hour --- So they are the 'problem' - Yeah Right !