Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

And speaking of Cornwalls, stupid-*** me had a chance to grab a pair for $400 up in Bethesda a couple weeks ago, but I was to slammed with other things to have the time to go up there (friggan work, holidays and ski patrol).

Steve, you can always count on some buddies around Bethesda to help out in cases like that, though C/W's are pretty heavy for just me to move around. Just let us know.

Larry

You know? When I saw that pair that was for sale in Bethesda, I was wondering if it was near your place. Never occured to me to have given you a call to go check them out for me and possibly snagged them for me until I got up there to retrieve them (go figure that shortly after, I was actually up in/near Bethesda right before Christmas field-testing/evaluating some new equipment that I may aquiring for using at work).

Also, in response to another quote, I was also thinking that why can't they go for Bose instead? I guess Bose is way to big a company to attempt a hostile take over of. I wonder how much larger Bose is than Klipsch in pure market capitilization (although I know at least Bose is still privately held, so no real stocks outstanding, but still)?

Well kids it's been a fun ride. I don't even know what to say except that it'll be another story for my children...look what else we have lost.

Will I invest by buying new (or old) now? NO! If the deal is done the stigma will be too great. I will keep the 5 Belles and RF/RC/RS HT setup I have, bid the 'company'

farewell and hope that we can find some other place to chat.

C'mon guys... this is a moment for respectful concern to first and foremost the human face of the Company, followed by its legacy over the decades. Speculating wildly at the worst possible outcome is something of a slap to those who've spent years taking pride in their work at Klipsch. We weren't asked because it wasn't our decision to make. An explanation and details will come in time. Patience.

Agreed Amy, this could be a big step forward for the Klipsch brand...and maybe bigger paychecks for the employees.

(avoiding some smart arse remark about the young and naive as Doc is a very bright guy.... for someone so young who's not yet morphed into a cynical old fart)

It could be Audiovox is trying to change it's image and Klipsch would become one of it's flagship subsidiariars or brands. I mean Klipsch is now know as a headphone company! How's that for reinventing a company but at the same time still maintaining their core design principles and actually grow business in the crappy economy of the last few years?

So if it goes through it could ensure PWK's principles live on... or it might not even happen as it's non-binding.

(must maintain optimism ... must maintain optimism ... must put sippy cup lid on half full glass before it's kicked over... must maintain optimism...)

As that kid said to Shoeless Joe...."Say it ain't so Joe! Say it ain't so!"

Based on my personal experience with big corp America, I am unable to view this in a positve light. And if Audiovox is a multinational or a non US based company then it only deepens my concern. Surely they will find someone somewhere, who is willing to work for less and will make an inferior product. It will then be shipped to the US on foreign owned and crewed vessles (anybody remember the US Merchant Marine?? I didn't think so) and sold at a big box retailer or online. Who cares what it sounds like? Only a very small percentage of the population.

One need only look at Boeing and the 787 to see what outsourcing will eventually do to a sophisticated and highly refined product. Have you ever seen anything with the name Audiovox on it that wasn't junk?

I'm going to step up my drive to acquire higher end Klipsch gear while I still can, and spares for the stuff I already own.

That's a bummer man!

Figure this was eventually going to happen now that Klipsch is really making a name for itself in the audio world and has become a very respected brand, dare I say, even more so than (rhymes with hose - edited there may be children viewing these posts).

I'd say that's been true for decades. Though (rhymes with hose) probably is uber respected in the marketing world. So just what is Dr Amar's PHD in anyway?

And speaking of Cornwalls, stupid-*** me had a chance to grab a pair for $400 up in Bethesda a couple weeks ago, but I was to slammed with other things to have the time to go up there (friggan work, holidays and ski patrol). I guess you really gotta jump on these things when they become available.

At our home we call that a DBA. Dumb Blonde Attack. It gets worse. The blonde (mine and our daughters') has mostly soaked in.

Though at work one of my more critical job functions is pretending to be a DBA. Haven't missed a critical billing cycle yet. Nor will we on my watch.

And speaking of Cornwalls, stupid-*** me had a chance to grab a pair for $400 up in Bethesda a couple weeks ago, but I was to slammed with other things to have the time to go up there (friggan work, holidays and ski patrol). I guess you really gotta jump on these things when they become available.

At our home we call that a DBA. Dumb Blonde Attack. It gets worse. The blonde (mine and our daughters') has mostly soaked in.

Though at work one of my more critical job functions is pretending to be a DBA. Haven't missed a critical billing cycle yet. Nor will we on my watch.

That would seem appropriate as I am blond myself - looking back it it, I really should of just said "f' it, I am going up there and try to score those, screw the weather and traffic" at the time. Oh well.

But about that "B-word" company, we all respected Klipsch much more than that, but as of late, I am finding many more people that would normally regard that "B-word" company to be the "end-all, be-all" of audio now realize that this Klipsch outfit has much better and nicer sounding stuff and cost at least comparable, but more often, less, but still blows that "B-word (which happens to rhyme with "blows")" junk away in terms of pure sonic ability (and still look cool doing it)!

The largest manufacture of speaker VOICE COILS is CHINA,,,,And thats just VOICE COILS,,,, A spokesman for China last month stated they need to employ another million people,,,in 2011,,, So what do you think they are going to do ?????