Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

Guest Anonymous

Also, the Klipsch Group itself is really no different than a smaller Audiovox....they aren't even dedicated to audio brands, but own companies that sell garage doors and who knows what other stuff.

I would so dig a garage door with a PWK logo on it. It's all about the logo.

I wont be purchasing new badge logo's for my now audiovox speakers.

Guest Anonymous

First scores of dead animals inexplicably washing up on shores and falling from the sky, now this. The end of days is upon us.

I hope i can laugh at this at some point...

Guest Anonymous

I can't stand to say it out loud so I will just type it "VoxHorn".

Vox Scala or maybe a Voxwall...having said that i would buy a cornscala...

In all honesty, all joking aside. The only way our line will survive is if they keep the company in tact. Here's the thing, at some point the the Executive team will report into Audiovox. They will be taking the overall direction from them. I am trying to be as optimistic as possible here, but as a few have stated its hard. Why? because we've all been there and done that. in most cases is doesn't go well. I just dont see the Heritage line surviving this takeover. It just doesnt strike me that Audiovox is into high end stuff(heritage/Cinema) I just get the feeling Synergy is the new high end.

I was thinking about those Jubilee's, i may have to pull the trigger on this fast.... sooner than later...

Any time i have ever seen a take over, some jobs have always been lost. I hope its not the case but this is sad for the employee's that spent many years developing all the lines that we currently enjoy in our living rooms.

i appreciate all the "optimistic" views, i wish i had it right now...its just that any time i've seen this...it hasnt always had the best outcome.

I've opened my basement window...

I agree, this is disconcerting, if not full on scary. The Klipsch I grew up with and fell in love with could be forever changed by an acquisition like this.

It has been my experience that when an inferior company buys a superior company, they end up meeting in the middle. :-\

Of course, maybe this will be the exception? Kind of like when Amazon bought Woot and Zappos. They kept their company culture, and operations, intact. Fingers crossed that if the acquisition DOES happen, Klipsch gets to keep THEIR culture and operations.

I love you Klipsch!

Well whatever happens I do want to express my very best wishes for all the people (and especially the ones that I've personelly met over the last few decades) that because of them have made Klipsch a very special company to me.

mike tnSmile

Well said Mike & nice post Bentz.

Ranted on engadget using my twitter ID replying to post in above thread by LS that begins with something like Klipsch, B&W, ... all hype ....claim sounds different ... science tells us otherwise. Well dang it, I found that comment offensive, having met and even considering a few Klipsch employees as friends. Of any audio company to claim science tells us they don't sound different!?! Quite the opposite with Klipsch. A lot of very serious complicated science and math involved.

Way past my bedtime. Hope it makes sense when I'm out of zombieland. Dang. Didn't realize it was this late, uh early. [:$] That's usually a good sign as after such a crazy late night of not being able to sleep I usually get more in sync with the rest of the world. 25 minutes to the timer on the bedroom tuner goes off..... must turn off before SWMBO is awakened ...

In my experience when a company buys another company the buyer company usually says they want about 8 to 10 percent return on their investment. They also dictate how many personnel will be permantly layed off after about a year of operation. If the company does not produce the 8 to 10% profit they are sold or liquidated. That means if they produce .1 % below the nut they are liquidated. It's all numbers. Quality and reputation in this game mean nothing.

JJK

Guest Anonymous

I swear, I was clicking my heels all night hoping i'd wake up in Kansas. nope same nightmare as yesterday.

I was thinking(scarey), I surfed many social media sites since i found out about this insanity.

Why is it that no one has anything good to say for how this will go for Klipsch Brand products? It makes me wonder if thousands of people can really be wrong? i just wonder if klipsch follows the social media as well...twitter etc. Because no details have been released yet on this, its hard to say what the motivation is to sell to Audiovox.

If they wanted to raise money, sell 49%, but keep the controlling interest private...maybe first dibs for forum members to buy shares.[:D]

• Moderators

i just wonder if klipsch follows the social media as well...twitter etc.

Of course we do, and it's disappointing (to me) that most people are being so judgmental with knee-jerk reactions before hearing any facts. There has been no further statement beyond the Audiovox release simply because the deal is not done. Any further comment would be premature.

Details will be revealed as deemed appropriate and relevant.

Thanks all for your patience!