Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

Maintaining an optimistic viewpoint has become a tremendous challenge for many of us here recently. However, I do submit this from 1990... "Clarion Acquires McIntosh." For many this was a devastating blow. For those of us who were McIntosh Laboratory followers, the sale to a "Japanese" company, of an American symbol of excellence and high standards, appeared to be the end. We had survived the retirement of Frank McIntosh in 1977 and pushed onward with Gordon Gow as president of the company. I personally knew Dave O'Brien (gone are the days of his legendary amplifier [traveling] clinics) and his commitment to the company. Would he still be employed? To some purists, and this is arguable, despite the Clarion years, the departure of Roger Russell (1992) and many other internal issues the company survived. Later in 2003, with the purchase of the company by D&M Holdings (another Japanese company) the integrity of McIntosh continues to exist. Perhaps it is a good thing to allow a successful company to maintain its high standards, traditions and independent design capabilities. Many folks would have preferred that McIntosh, no matter who owned the company, not expand into car audio sector or even the home theater market. There was also a contingent of McIntosh devotees that were outraged when McIntosh first considered and then developed a unit that had a "remote control" or had digital designs. Oh my, what a tarnish to the company name. Is everything perfect with the company today? No. However, in my opinion, McIntosh still helps set the standard for the industry. I am familiar with other situations where the outcome has not be so successful. However, remember, I'm trying to maintain a positive outlook on an action with which I have no control (and this seems to have become a very common thing for me). No ones knows what will develop with this possible Klipsch acquisition by Audiovox. I am hoping for the best, where dedicated Klipsch employee's will be taken care of and their contributions to the company will be respected. My thoughts are with all involved and I'll keep hoping for the best, my friends.... Boxx

i just wonder if klipsch follows the social media as well...twitter etc.

Of course we do, and it's disappointing (to me) that most people are being so judgmental with knee-jerk reactions before hearing any facts. There has been no further statement beyond the Audiovox release simply because the deal is not done. Any further comment would be premature.

Details will be revealed as deemed appropriate and relevant.

Thanks all for your patience!

Amy, I too try to remain optimistic in these situations. Hopefully, the concerns voiced here will not come to fruition. Time will tell...

This is where Klipsch now turns into junk. Thanks a lot Fred & Judy. I guess I should have expected as much from "The Overhead Garage Door" guy. Like my old man used to say ~ "money talks".

The least you guys could have done is sold Klipsch to a somewhat respectable group ~ like D&M Holdings, or (yikes) Harmon.

[+o(] [:@] [N]

Of course we do, and it's disappointing (to me) that most people are being so judgmental with knee-jerk reactions before hearing any facts. There has been no further statement beyond the Audiovox release simply because the deal is not done. Any further comment would be premature.

Call it a Total "a klipsch" of the heart! [;)]

This is where Klipsch now turns into junk. Thanks a lot Fred & Judy. I guess I should have expected as much from "The Overhead Garage Door" guy. Like my old man used to say ~ "money talks".

The least you guys could have done is sold Klipsch to a somewhat respectable group ~ like D&M Holdings, or (yikes) Harmon.

Ick!AngryNo

Agreed...Anyone want to guess as to what PWK would make of this. My guess is that he would have dismissed Audiovox regardless of the money offered, and seeked out a more compatible offer. Surely the oldest, most respected of US speaker manufacturers deserves better. Did Fred give any thought to this, is it purely about the money???

Amy, do you not think that people are judging this on the facts that ARE known. I would sure like to be a fly on some of the walls at Klipsch inc at the moment. I would lay odds that the commentary echoes that of this forum.

I suppose if you were an entrepeneur like Mr. Klipsch you would rely only on advice given by people on an audio forum........and then choose the buyer for your business based on some altruistic motive and sell to the one who was in fact the low bidder because they were nice people.....or perhaps Mr. Klipsch should just dontate all his money to Govt health care...

I suppose if you were an entrepeneur like Mr. Klipsch you would rely only on advice given by people on an audio forum........and then choose the buyer for your business based on some altruistic motive and sell to the one who was in fact the low bidder because they were nice people.....

or perhaps Mr. Klipsch should just dontate all his money to Govt health care...

Might as well........it's AUDIOVOX ****** (six letter word)

At least then we might all get some benefit from it!!!

I'm sure I've often been viewed as a cynical pessimist but we all should calm down, take a deep breath, and quit being scared like a bunch scared little school boys.

It's non binding. So maybe it won't happen.

Fred I think is a pretty good guy and now were acting like he's a typical US greedy son of Hitler CEO without knowing any real facts? Cut the man some slack. I'm sure this has been a difficult decision on his part. If Fred is reading these posts, he's like sheesh, we put on these Pilgrimage things, even give them a nice tee shirt most years and maybe a couple of other trinkets, a couple of nice meals, let them traipse through our engineering facilities, give them REALLY NICE door prizes (and they did give out some really SWEET door prizes at the 2 Pilgrimages I attended), this is the thanks I get? And assuming there's a Pilgrimage this year (please) Fred will probably come and address the attendeess. Probably even field some questions.

And if Amy and others at Klipsch are our friends as we claim, and they are, are we really supporting them by being so gloomy and pessimistic?

(And trust me. I know all about huge corporate greed when a larger corporation swallows up another. I've been living it since FEB 2009)

So lighten up people! Take a tranquilizer if you need to.

Let's be here for our friends and family at Klipsch and spend our time about positive things. Like the new speakers Santa brought Amy for Christmas. [:D]