Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

Guest Anonymous

Lets face it, on the outside, each Klipsch rep have to put on a brave face and say...

"Be patient"

"Wait for the release"

"Its not all bad"

Insert your own optimisitc view here...

when it comes down to it, they cant really express how they truely feel. This is garbage. [bs]

This is how bad it is...i explained this to my wife...and she said "who is audiovox?"....The WAF is low with belles and la scala's in the family room, but even she said, you'd better buy those Jubilee's you've been nagging me about.

Words are words, $ are $ but signatures still seem to have validity these days.

Why not start a website dedicated to the signatures or names of all of us Klipsch conniseurs that oppose or @ least whole heartily support the existence of our beloved stand alone family owned company? Or @ least make it available for purchase by the people, meaning us the diehard consumers.

Oh, what do I know? Just distraught @ the thought of all this...[:(]

Bob

• Moderators

Do any of you follow Klipsch on Facebook? I like the "personal" post from Fred today......

I know you put that in quotes for a reason, but that statement truly did come directly from Mr. Klipsch. He is aware of the concerns, and is staying in close touch with your sentiments. He's just as proud of this company as we are.

Again, since the deal is not done I can say nothing about it directly, but really, the doomsday prophecies are extremely premature.

Do any of you follow Klipsch on Facebook? I like the "personal" post from Fred today......

I know you put that in quotes for a reason, but that statement truly did come directly from Mr. Klipsch. He is aware of the concerns, and is staying in close touch with your sentiments. He's just as proud of this company as we are.

Again, since the deal is not done I can say nothing about it directly, but really, the doomsday prophecies are extremely premature.

Amy, I meant no disrespect. I am a die hard Klipsch fan and just hope that everything works out well for you and all of the Klipsch group.

I too am hoping for the best.

Sterling

Guest Anonymous

Why not start a website dedicated to the signatures or names of all of us Klipsch conniseurs that oppose or @ least whole heartily support the existence of our beloved stand alone family owned company? Or @ least make it available for purchase by the people, meaning us the diehard consumers.

Post the URL[:@]

• Moderators

Amy, I meant no disrespect. I am a die hard Klipsch fan and just hope that everything works out well for you and all of the Klipsch group.

I too am hoping for the best.

Sterling

Much appreciated :)

I bought my first set of Klipsch speakers just a couple months ago. They sound great and I have no regrets on what I bought. If Klipsch gets bought out, Klipsch gets bought out. If for some reason down the road I am in the market for new speaks and they have been bought out and I like what product they have I will buy it. If I dont like what they have I wont buy it. While I hate to see them get bought out I have no idea the facts and fiqures of the company. And its nothing to loose sleep over. They might be bought out and get a larger budget for r & d. More money for whatever... Who knows what may happen...... We on the forum really dont. But dont loose sleep over it. To many other important things in life to worry about.

As a business owner, let me state why this is a stupid deal:

#1. Know your target consumer

Klipsch quality consumers, your die hard fans as the people here are, buy Klipsch for the quality. These customers will NOT buy Klipsch speakers made by Audiovox period. I know I would NEVER !

Audiovox customers shop at Wal Mart and Target for cheap plastic crap made in China. Audiovox customers have never even heard of the Klipsch name and won't be drawn to the "Klipsch" branded product by the name.

That leave a big WHY ? This is seriously dumb for Audiovox and only a money grab for the current Klipsch owners.

Well, if everyone is losing their faith in Klipsch I think I'll have to cancel my 'no speaker buying until the end of 2011' moratorium. Sounds like everyone's going to be unloading their speakers soon.

With the vast majority of users on here owning speakers that have been out of production for some time and probably aren't planning on buying new speakers anytime soon, I don't see why so many are getting worked up over this.

Do we really know that the higher end Klipsch products aren't paying for themselves? And keeping the Heritage line available hasn't required a lot of R&D and improvements but the Heritage models basic desgin hasn't changed just evolved to get better and better.

They don't. I was at a Pilgrimage one year and even Hunter (I think it was him) said that the Heritage line doesn't keep the doors open. It's the lower end stuff that does.

I would say their biggest expenditures are labor and materials. Not to mention the cost of shipping those monsters.

But going back to something, I think, PWK said about small speakers sounding better and his famous BS reply "My opinion will change when physics changes." (paraphrasing)

I would say their biggest expenditures are labor and materials. Not to mention the cost of shipping those monsters.

When I first visited with PWK in Hope the main thing I noticed in the work area was SILENCE. Paul said they cut wood once a week, and most of the rest of the work was manual pieceing, gluing, and screwing.

No way Heritage could ever be the the profit center for a speaker company with a significant and lasting footprint. IMHO, also no way for a company without such a heritage can ever last.

Also no way I can really prove the above except through my own experience having stood in the presence of true greatness and knowing that as long as these designs were being built the organization that PWK began could not help but dedicate itself to excellence.

There are a lot of products in the Klipsch lineup today that I do not believe PWK would personally endorse. However, I firmly believe that all of them reflect his belief that that audio should be done at the highest level of quality and the lowest possible cost.

Should a decision be made to discontinue Paul's designs, even if they are costing money rather than making money, then Klipsch is no more than the other great names of American ingenuity that are now gone. I'll not call that roll, as it makes me want to cry.

However, we speak prematurely. Let's hope the new owners are not as dumb as posts and they are willing to leave well enough alone. History suggests that is unlikely, but we can hope. Hope, that is.

Dave

Does anyone remember what happened to Harley Davidson once AMF got ahold of them?

They expanded, built a factory in Pennsylvania, sold more bikes than ever before, designed the Evolution series bikes, HD dealers made lots of money, then the employees bought the company. Still going strong and setting sales records.

Maybe, but they make more money selling the HD apparel than the bikes, which vibrate themselves and their owners apart.

• Moderators

To Amy, Trey and the rest of the Klipsch Family, I wish you well and pray that everything works out for the better.

After hearing the news, my initial thought was, "Are you serious?". It is difficult for me to put words like Audiovox or Jensen in the same sentence with Klipsch. To me, they are polar opposites in quality, style and performance. I'm grateful I have completed my Klipsch HT.

With that said, this isn't our company. This isn't our decision. The owners of Klipsch must ultimately do what is best for them and what they feel is best for their company.

A very wise man once said, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." We do not know what tomorrow holds for Klipsch. We can only hope for the best for them. As much as I love Klipsch, I know I will not lose any sleep over it. Goodnight everyone. [:D]

Don't remind me. I just gave away (to a friend) my A7/500's and replaced them with RF-7 II's, having decided that Altec was never coming back. Now Klipsch . . ..

Hey look on the bright side... at least KRACO isn't buying Klipsch!

Who here remembers KRACO car stereos from the late 70's and early 80's?! Big Smile

Do you remember Sparkomatic?. They purchased pieces of Altec Lansing when it went under.

Now everyone can afford an Altec system.

Ahhh. I know the Heritage line doesn't keep the doors open. Probably hasn't for years. Never said they did.

That said Klipsch may not really lose money on the Heritage line. The R&D is done though they did upgrade them recently. And they still sell some. Also adds more variety to what is built in Hope. I suspect the Hope workers are rather excited when they get to build a few Klipschorns. I've only made a couple of Pligrimages and I've heard too that the Heritage line is more a labor of love.

But the higher end products also include the Palladium line and the Ultra THX II and the higher end in walls and in ceilings though those may be part of the Ultra THX II lines, and the Reference line. Those are pretty high end speakers. Maybe not costly enough in the snooty snobbish audiophie world but in teh real world of sound quality and musicality. Combined, include the Heritage products or not, the higher end Klipsch products may be making money. Even if not the R&D probably trickles down to the more entry level products. And the Pro Cinema business should be doing well unless movie theater construction and upgrade has slowed down. I think somebody at Klipsch said the movie theater owners will only buy US made equipment so that lin itself may keep the Hope plant open.

To be truthful it's probably been the lower end stuff for years that have kept the doors open Probably before Fred and Judy took over. I suspect they sold much more KG models than Heritiage in the years the KG models were in the line up. Probably more KG 1s than Klipschorns at least during the KG 1 production time frame.

The in wall and ceiling using the skew horns and new driver(s) and horns for the Palladiums push the envelope of horn design further than ever before. The high end in ceiling produced a soundstage very close to that of a floor standing system. I'm not sure if I'd have been able to tell the difference if Klipsch had set up a comparison.

And we should not forget that the lower end Klkipsch provides exceptional bang for the buck.

But going back to something, I think, PWK said about small speakers sounding better and his famous BS reply "My opinion will change when physics changes." (paraphrasing)

Yep. Physics still hasn't changed. Probably won't But new ways of applying the laws of physics may be found but a 32' wave length is still a 32' wavelength.

SO. Has anyone else even noticed that Klipsch introduced some new speakers at CES? Does anybody really care? I'd hope so seeing the rants and tirades here. But I've not seen much comments on the new line. Not much is known and yes it's mroe towards the mass market though a bit above the low end. Slim and compact that can be hung on the wall. Should sell well though I think the Engadge artricle said not all was production ready.