Anyone looking for a RW-12D or Sub12 HG here you go

Jay481985

These are promo codes which work only once when you put it in the coupon code so if you are not going to buy or use it, don't put it in.

This is from Newegg.com +free shipping

Klipsch

Klipsch Synergy Sub12HG 12" 300W High Gloss Black Subwoofer Each
Klipsch Synergy Sub12HG 12" 300W High Gloss Black Subwoofer Each

$399.99

Your Price: $249.99

With Promo Code

EMCKJKC57

Shop Now

Klipsch

Klipsch RW-12d Subwoofer Each
Klipsch RW-12d Subwoofer Each

$999.99

Your Price: $349.99

With Promo Code

EMCKJKC58

Shop Now

• 7 months later...

Ugg... now we're back to the Sub-12 vs RW-12d thing! Anyone with EXPERIENCE out there care to speak on this topic?

I have a Sub-12 and saw the sale on the WR-12d today. GREAT deal. I was thinking about buying the RW-12d if I could sell my sub-12 for $250-$300, but am unsure I should if there really is no difference.

Cabbage, keep your current sub and add another Sub-12. Co-locate it and enjoy another 6 dB of headroom.

Thats perfect advice! I would only go the RW-12D if you didnt have a Sub-12.

But seeing that the Sub-12 is no longer for sale, get the RW-12D and do a comparison! Im sure you will be able to resell either one!

Cabbage, keep your current sub and add another Sub-12. Co-locate it and enjoy another 6 dB of headroom.

I'm not trying to compare two Sub-12s against one RW-12d. I'm not buying another sub... I'd only buy the RW-12d if I could sell my Sub-12 so that I only pay $50-$100 out of pocket for the upgrade.

BTW, when you say I have 6dB of headroom are you talking volume? Because my speakers already go much louder than I could ever stand. I'm not a big "power/volume" guy... I'm more about clarity and quality.

Ugg... now we're back to the Sub-12 vs RW-12d thing! Anyone with EXPERIENCE out there care to speak on this topic?

I have a Sub-12 and saw the sale on the WR-12d today. GREAT deal. I was thinking about buying the RW-12d if I could sell my sub-12 for $250-$300, but am unsure I should if there really is no difference.

I used to have the Sub-12 and was happy with it. It was good at low volumes, but when pushed hard it would bottom out.

BTW, when you say I have 6dB of headroom are you talking volume? Because my speakers already go much louder than I could ever stand. I'm not a big "power/volume" guy... I'm more about clarity and quality.

Doubling your subs would double their output. If your current sub can keep up with your mains, there's no need to upgrade. If your current sub is pushed past it's limits then an additional sub would allow your sub(s) to keep up with less distortion (clarity and quality).

I know this is off topic a little, but I was considering getting another Sub 12 or selling my current and getting something totally different, maybe an Epik Legend. I am hesitant to do so though. Anyone familiar with the Legend? Would be be a better upgrade than a 2nd Sub 12?

Hi gurus,

I am new on the forum building the HT.

That is what I have for my 5.1 set

- 4 x RF 52 II
- 1 x RC 62,
- Receiver: Marantz SR6003

My room is quite small 10 x 14 and that is apartments.

So, I am looking for the sub and wondering if Klipsch Reference RW-12d 12" above on the link sold for $350 is a good fit for my set, or I can find something better for these money, another model or used sub. Or may be it is even overkill.

Thanks,
LB